Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Circuit check for noob  (Read 2224 times)
Manchester (England England)
Brattain Member
Solder is electric glue
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Looks goo to me.  smiley

Arduino rocks
View Profile

hello,
i’m experimenting too with GP2Y1010AU0F, but i’ve found a strange behaviour.
my sensor is conncted like datasheet explain, pin 3 direct to atmega (i’ve also try using a mosfet but it do not change)
if i run GP2Y1010AU0F with 5.330 voltage i read an output voltage between 0.800 and 0.850
if i run GP2Y1010AU0F with 5.080 voltage i read an output voltage between 0.770 and 0.830
if i run GP2Y1010AU0F with 4.670 voltage i read an output voltage between 0.700 to 0.770
so there’s a small drift when supply voltage change.
i suppose the fig 3 of datasheet, from which we can extract slope and offset to find dust sensity, it’s 5.0v supply voltage, so reading an “incorrect” voltage would bring to incorrect mg/m^3 conversion.
have you also find this behevior?
have you find a way to balance the supply voltage drift?

thanks all

United Kingdom
Tesla Member
Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.
View Profile

I think the best option is to run that detector (both the amplifier side and the LED side) from a regulated 5V supply. However, the readings you are getting appear to be roughly ratiometric with the supply voltage. Therefore, if you feed the output into in analog input of an Arduino that is powered from the same 5V supply, then the ADC will approximately compensate for supply voltage variation.

Formal verification of safety-critical software, software development, and electronic design and prototyping. See http://www.eschertech.com. Please do not ask for unpaid help via PM, use the forum.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

I think the best option is to run that detector (both the amplifier side and the LED side) from a regulated 5V supply. However, the readings you are getting appear to be roughly ratiometric with the supply voltage. Therefore, if you feed the output into in analog input of an Arduino that is powered from the same 5V supply, then the ADC will approximately compensate for supply voltage variation.

thank for reply,
my readings are taken from arduino, and checked with multimeter, to get voltage i use bandgap for the adc ref voltage, so it does not compensate reading. to check adc i try the compensation why different voltage using other sensor, or using a simple resistor, and it works!, but this times not; i think is the output of this sensor that change with voltage supply changing, but datasheet unfortunately do not tell anything about sensitivity over voltage.
anyway, i suppose you are right, best option is to run it over regulated 5v power.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: