Go Down

Topic: Simple Servo is freaking out (Read 903 times) previous topic - next topic

DrDuh

Hey,
I'm new to arduinos and have come across a weird problem with a simple micro servo. I'm using the arduino uno. With servo wires Vcc plugged into +5v on arduino, ground on arduino and signal to digital 9. I'm running the following code. When I run the program the arduino immediately moves clockwise and never stops, it keeps pushing and spastically jittering against its limit angle.
The step motor handles angles <= 160degrees

Thanks!

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Code: [Select]
#include <Servo.h>
Servo myservo;
void setup()
{
  myservo.attach(9);
}
void loop() {
myservo.write(20);
delay(1000);
myservo.write(100);
delay(1000);
}

JimboZA

Spastic Servo Syndrome often happens when the servo is powered from the Arduino which cannot provide enough current.  Give it its own power with ground common-ed to Arduino. That might solve the problem....
meArm build blog:     http://jimbozamearm.blogspot.com/

Robin2

the arduino immediately moves clockwise and never stops,

I doubt that you mean this literally. If you are more precise with your use of language it will be easier to help you.

...R

DrDuh

*Never stops trying to move right

Thanks for your replies

Robin2

I was actually trying to draw your attention to the words "the arduino immediately moves"

I strongly suspect the arduino does NOT move.

...R

zoomkat

The usual suspects are inadequate power supply, inadequate ground between the servo and arduino, and a corrupt/bad servo control signal.
Google forum search: Use Google Advanced Search and use Http://forum.arduino.cc/index in the "site or domain:" box.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy