Go Down

Topic: Where can I find a 1.0mm pitch QFP adapter for a 52pin ic? (Read 5912 times) previous topic - next topic

TECH GEEK

No I did not add them...
Also what is the purpose of ground planes?
As always... Thanks for posting!!!

CrossRoads

Helps keep EMI noise down, may help with cooling.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

TECH GEEK

Yes, interesting red/green LEDs, just wondering how bright they will be when multiplexed.

They are hevally diffused, and even w/ that, @ 100% duty @ 5v, one could be used as a good flashlight...

You want some pics of them on 5v0 @ 10% & 100% duty?

CrossRoads

Sure, post one.
I found for th 4-5,000mCD LEDs I usedm, just 2-3mA of current, even while multiplexed at 800 Hz, was really bright!
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

TECH GEEK

Also I wanted to mention this:

The 'cube' is actually wired as 8 separate bi-color LED matrices...
Each 'layer' on a single matrix has only 8 bi-color LEDs, and same can be said for the columns.

I wonder if that fact could be used to make the LEDs brighter?

CrossRoads

Nope - the multiplexing of the Holtek driver will be the limiting factor.

Need more LEDs with more mcd/20mA to be brighter.

Or, "overdrive" the LEDs if it can be determined the Holtek part turns on each one for the current/pulse-time allowed by the LEDs.
Be a shame to build it all up and then blow them out by accident.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy