Go Down

Topic: LED Star Field using TLC5940 (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

estranged

I've finally managed to complete my first installed project in our house.  Installing 32 white LEDs on our bedroom ceiling to imitate a star field.  Each LED is individually controlled from a Seeeduino, using two TLC5940 chips for fading them on and off.

There's a video of them in action, along with a more detailed description of the project along with code on my website.

mowcius

Anyone else in your house? I don't think the other people in my house would let me do anything like that!

Looks interesting  ;)

Mowcius

Things

I've considered doing this, but live in a unit, so not sure if the property owners would appreciate the holes :D

Nice work!

mowcius

I've considered doing this, but live in a unit, so not sure if the property owners would appreciate the holes

Well I don't think there are any holes, just white tape, wires and LEDs.

I don't think they would appreciate walking in and wondering why you have a bomb connected to your ceiling!  ;D

Mowcius

Things

I don't think they would appreciate walking in and wondering why you have a bomb connected to your ceiling!

Thats why you attach an LCD with a countdown and a message saying "Leave a good house inspection notice, or don't trip on the pressure pad under the front door"  :P

mowcius

Thats why you attach an LCD with a countdown and a message saying "Leave a good house inspection notice, or don't trip on the pressure pad under the front door"

Sounds like a plan!

estranged

Anyone else in your house? I don't think the other people in my house would let me do anything like that!

Fortunately my wife is pretty understanding of these things.  :D  The only holes are where I had to mount the control unit, as you said, everything else is held up by tape.  Its definitely a plus to live in a house you own, where you can pretty much do what you want, and don't have to worry about leases or inspections.

improviser

Nice project.  

I want to try and put this together and found these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220544554229

Not sure if it's a good deal or not.  There were others but I noticed
they were tlc5941s and only 80ma.

Gyro

Jan 26, 2010, 02:34 am Last Edit: Jan 26, 2010, 02:35 am by Tronceon Reason: 1
Improviser you could try, dont know what the shipping would be though so ebay may be cheaper

search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=296-17732-5-ND

sorry for no direct link but I'm using this as my first post  ;D

Go Up