Go Down

Topic: 1281 Bootloader (Read 626 times) previous topic - next topic

B2

I designed a board based off the Arduino Mega 1280 design, except I replaced the 1280 with a 1281. I am now regretting that decision:) I am using a usbTiny programmer with avrdude and I am attempting to load the Arduino IDE's bootloader on to the board. I recompiled the boot image for the 1281. The first problem I had was the ICSP Header was attached to MOSI(PE0)/MISO(PE1) pins...after a little investigation I found out for the 1281 they need to be connected to PB2 and PB3...fortunately I had these pulled to a header. Unfortunately I have the USB to Serial chip attached to PB2 and PB3... I removed the isolation resistors so that the USB chip is out of the picture now.

I programmed the fuses successfully using the following avrdude command line, which is the same as in the Arduino Bootloader Makefile:

avrdude -c usbtiny -p atmega1281 -P -b 115200 -e -u -U lock:w:0x3f:m -U efuse:w:0xF5:m -U hfuse:w:0xDA:m -U lfuse:w:0xFF:m

Now when I attempt to burn my new bootloader image with the following avrdude command:
avrdude -c usbTiny -p m1281 -U flash:w:ATmegaBOOT_168_atmega1281.hex -U lock:w:0x0f:m

It writes and reads back the image, but fails the verification:

Code:
avrdude: verifying ...
avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x1f000
         0x0c != 0xff
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

avrdude: safemode: Fuses OK

avrdude done.  Thank you.

So is byte 0x1F000 the first byte verified? If so, then I guess that none of my writes were successful. Any ideas on what to try next?

B2

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy