Go Down

Topic: sync error with arduino pro mini (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

tomer1510

Apr 17, 2011, 12:31 pm Last Edit: Apr 17, 2011, 12:34 pm by tomer1510 Reason: 1
Hello, I recently bought an Arduibo pro mini and a usb board to connect it to the computer:
http://www.geeetech.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=42&products_id=204
but whenever I try to upload ANY sketch I get the following error:
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

when the board is connected(properly) the power light(green light) is on and another light(red) blinks about once a second

my board was sold by geeetech, I am using windows 7 and mac os x 10.7 beta, arduino pro mini ATMega168 5v/16hz
I connected the board to the usb board like the website I bought it from explained, I will upload a picture if neccessery

edam

I had exactly this problem with exactly this board (from geeetech.com). I also sometimes got "stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00" repeated twice, but uploading always failed.

The solution was to set the board type to "Arduino Diecimila, Duemilanove or Nano w/ ATmega168" (In the Arduino IDE, look under Tools -> Board). Then it worked like a charm for me.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy