Go Down

Topic: Arduino propely booting only if usb powered (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Ludo91

Hi guys, I have an arduino controllinga few leds and sensors + an lcd and it propely boots only if usb powered. If I power it via the 9v connector tit powers up but does not execute any code until i press the reset button. On the other hand if i plug it to the pc it gets up and running immediately and flawlessy. I do not have big loads connected to it (8 leds with proper resistance), why does that happen?!? tnks!

PaulS

If I power it via the 9v connector tit

The 9V connector tit? What are you talking about?

Ludo91

i just mispelled "it"... "...if I power the arduino via the 9v connector (the "jack" near to the usb connector)"..... any ideas? Im pretty puzzled! the battery I am using is heavy duty so no prob there.... when it is powered via usb does the same power regulator is used as if it were powered by a battery or the voltage is taken straight from the usb? If the second option I may have some excessive load on startup, ie a capacitor in the lcd  :|

James C4S

Heavy duty?  What is the current capacity of the battery?

USB doesn't use a regulator.  The 5V is provided from the USB rail.
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

retrolefty

the battery I am using is heavy duty so no prob there....

And I had "jumbo' scrimp last night.  ;)

Go Up