Go Down

Topic: How do I arrange the voltages.. (Read 442 times) previous topic - next topic

Jessestr

Hi there

I'm working on a quadcopter and before I start with buying anything I want to make sure everything is okay.

My power supply is a Li-Po Battery  7.4v / 2200 mAh.

It has to power the arduino, 4 Electronic speed controllers and 4 motor.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__12909__Turnigy_2730_Brushless_Motor_1500kv_DE_Warehouse_.html <- Motor
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__4204__TURNIGY_Plush_10amp_9gram_Speed_Controller.html <- ESC

My question is, the motor needs 7,4V input, and the ESC needs 5V how can I give 7,4V to the motor and 5V to the arduino & ESC.
I might be wrong with the voltages, so check those links if you want to!

Thanks !

retrolefty

That is all handled inside the ESC with it's BEC (battery eliminator circuit), it takes the 2 cell Li-po voltage and internally regulates it to 5vdc for the esc controller AND outputs +5vdc to the red wire on the 3 pin servo connector. So just wire the servo connector to the arduino (ground pin, +5vdc pin, and digital output pin) and your done.

Lefty

Jessestr

That is all handled inside the ESC with it's BEC (battery eliminator circuit), it takes the 2 cell Li-po voltage and internally regulates it to 5vdc for the esc controller AND outputs +5vdc to the red wire on the 3 pin servo connector. So just wire the servo connector to the arduino (ground pin, +5vdc pin, and digital output pin) and your done.

Lefty

Aha, thank you very much ! First time working with ESC's with an Arduino so, thanks for your help :).

Is there any way to give my arduino more than 5 analog input ports btw? Or do I have to get the Arduino Mega then.. Need only 8 analog inputs  :)

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy