Go Down

Topic: what type of chips are these? (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic


Ive been wondering what these type of chips are?
and how do they go mounted on a pcb? since there are no pins..i am guessing they are not DIY friendly  and the name of such package type?
I could print the Arduino logo on a box of cereal and sell it as "Arduin-O's"


These are called QFN's (quad flat no-lead) packages, and they are not particularly DIY friendly. They reflow fairly well though. Also, if you can solder the main center pad down (with paste and reflow), you can often solder (carefully) the leads if they wrap up around the sides.

Definitely advanced work though.

The QuadRAM shield: add 512 kilobytes of external RAM to your Arduino Mega/Mega2560


yeah sounds like i'd burn  a few before getting it right, hopefully i dont ever need something that only comes in this package at least anytime soon. I opened a cell phone and most of what i saw where these babies thats why i asked
I could print the Arduino logo on a box of cereal and sell it as "Arduin-O's"


It's actually very easy to solder such a chip if you have the right tools. (I do that at work a lot.) I would go as far as to say that it's easier to solder a QFN using good equipment than it is to solder a SOIC using bad equipment.

Go Up