Go Down

Topic: 128x64 st7920 LCD (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Hi, I have a st7920 graphics lcd, the same one that works with the LCD12864 library  at http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Code/LCD12864

I have written a class to run the screen using my shift class over 2 74hc595 registers. I don't use all 16 pins so I want to add a bit of functionality.

1 pin controls a transistor which turns the back light on or off. Thhat works fine but,

I want to use another pin to fully reset the screen. I am just not sure weather xreset is an input or output. And if it is an input the shift register should be able to control it.

I have attached xreset.png which is an excerpt from the data sheet for it.

All it says in the data sheet pin description is 'active - low'

Does this indicate that I can have xreset high for normal use then take xreset low for the reset pulse width to reset the device.

Just want to check before I put 5v into an output.

I guess you've probably answered your own question by now as it is more than a month old; but the answer is yes.

btw the st7920 controller has a serial mode, so you can drive it from an Arduino using just 2 pins. Unfortunately the standard libraries don't support the serial interface because they require the device to be readable as well as writable to avoid the need for a frame buffer, but I have a basic library for it.
Formal verification of safety-critical software, software development, and electronic design and prototyping. See http://www.eschertech.com. Please do not ask for unpaid help via PM, use the forum.

I have almost finished my library and it supports 8-bit parallel write mode via parallel or shift registers

once finished, it will be usable in full 8-bit Read/Write mode via
*parallel ( 12 upto 15 pins )
*shift registers ( both in and out, 4 to 5 pins used hopefully... testing will prevail )
*shift registers via spi

But no I had not answered my question. It was not on my priority list so I let it slide.
So thank you, I will try it soon. I would like to see your library and exchange ideas if you have it posted anywhere.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131