Go Down

Topic: I'm Having Problems Bootloading the ATMEGA 328P-PU on an Arduino Board (Read 7 times) previous topic - next topic

superslimeboy

I'm getting fed up with this. I've tried to do this on four separate occasions, bought and tried multiple different variations of this chip (168, not PU version) but every time I get past building my arduino on a breadboard, I get stuck flashing the chip. I'm just realizing that i've butchered writing that beginning, so I'll elaborate the best I can at midnight while I'm half asleep.

I've been trying to make a standalone arduino for months now, as I plan on making a product using a home-brew arduino board in it to shave $30 off the price. I can build the circuit easily, but whenever I try to bootload my chips, I get this error:

avrdude: Error: Could not find USBtiny device (0x1781/0xc9f)
Error while burning boot loader.

I'm using a Sparkfun AVR pocket programmer and following this tutorial: https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/pocket-avr-programmer-hookup-guide?_ga=1.65976234.521246515.1432701284#programming-via-arduino

Here's what I've tried:
Every single arduino programming setting
Every single arduino board option
Different mini USB cables
Unplugging and re plugging
Boot loading from the command line with AVRDude
All the pocket programmer Drivers I could find on windows
Attempted from mac os
and probably a lot more things i've repressed.

I've narrowed it down to not recognizing that the AVR pocket programmer is plugged in. I don't know what to do, and I need help.

I've been avoiding buying another programmer board, but if I have to I guess I can't avoid it.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy