Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Down
Author Topic: Leonardo Clone out already!  (Read 24192 times)
Málaga, Spain
Edison Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

The only ugly thing is that they have removed the logos, the open hardware logo and the CC BY-SA license and give no credit to the source at all, but...

You could file a DMCA complaint :-)

Also, I hear they deal very harshly with copyright infringers in China. At least, that's what their government says.

smiley

It is just a simple gesture to say it is an open sources desig and give credit to the authors. No big deal. Any way the design was there to use, sell, what ever.

Greenville, IL
Edison Member
Warning Novice on board! 0 to 1 chance of errors!
View Profile

Has anyone been able to burn a bootloader to the 32u4 using an Arduino Uno as ISP?

I have had my two little Leos soldered for a while but, have just now tried to install a bootloader and drivers. To make a long story short I can't seem to get the Leonardo bootloader to install. The closest I got was the IDE saying I had an invalid chip signature. I have done several bootloads before so, I think my problem is in my IDE files.

I am using the lastest IDE 1.01 Arduino, and a Rev2 Uno to try to burn the bootloader.

Any help or experience shared would be appreciated.
Mark

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

I have not. I use an AVR ISP, no messing with setting an Arduino, just keep a tool handy instead.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Málaga, Spain
Edison Member
View Profile

Yes, there is a little tuto going for the vinciDuino as to how to "burn" the bootloader to the 32U4. It is in Spanish but you can invoke google translate to the rescue: http://vinciduino.com/esp/tutoriales

Greenville, IL
Edison Member
Warning Novice on board! 0 to 1 chance of errors!
View Profile

Yes, there is a little tuto going for the vinciDuino as to how to "burn" the bootloader to the 32U4. It is in Spanish but you can invoke google translate to the rescue: http://vinciduino.com/esp/tutoriales

Thanks for the replys CrossRoads and FM

I followed the tutorial, downloaded a Aduino as ISP sketch, and loaded it to the UNO.  I got many errors when trying to do the upload. I think most of the errors referred to missing board/chip information.

I will keep trying.

God Member
View Profile

this is an extremely unlikely reason, but since Arduino ships with an older and custom compiled version of WinAVR, maybe it's too outdated for this chip?

Freelance engineer, consultant, contractor. Graduated from UW in 2013.

Málaga, Spain
Edison Member
View Profile

Yes, one of the things that you have to make sure off is that you are using IDE v1.0.1. In the Spanish section, a wide range of users have reported to be able to upload the bootloader to the vinciDuino under: windows, linux and OSX.

SF Bay Area (USA)
Tesla Member
Strongly opinionated, but not official!
View Profile

custom compiled version of WinAVR
Really?  I thought it was standard, except for avrdude...

View Profile

Yeap Arduino 1.0.1 works great for burning the bootloader to the 32u4, use it to upload to my pH unit and every once in a while the leonardo board I made.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Up
Jump to: