Go Down

Topic: Is there a special library for this LCD 3.2" (Read 161 times) previous topic - next topic

ChPr

Hello everybody,

I recently purchased the module Mega2560  with shield and LCD

I arrived to operate the LCD module, with only the UTFT library: // ITDB32W ILI9327 (16bit) but the image is shifted by about a third to the left in landscape mode. It is in all cases unusable.

Do you have an idea of the library to be used?

Thank you for your help.

Pierre

david_prentice

First off.    Does it look exactly like the photos in your link?

I suggest that you try ILI9481 or ILI9486 from the UTFT library.
And run the 480x320 Demo.

David.

ChPr

Thank you David for answering,

First off.    Does it look exactly like the photos in your link? ...
Yes, it looks exactly like the photos

...I suggest that you try ILI9481 or ILI9486 from the UTFT library.
And run the 480x320 Demo. ...
I have tried with these two libraries with the 480 x 320 demo (NOTE : the LCD is a 320 x 240).

With the ILI9481 one, the text is written right to left (reverse) and begin by the 2 letters of the end of "Universal Color ..." ; the background is dark.

With the ILI9486 one, the text is written left to right (normal) and begin by the 2 letters of the end of "Universal Color ..." ; the background is bright.

But I had already tried with each of the libraries available. None of them gave a good result.

So, may be there is an "external" library for this kind of LCD 3.2" or a possibility to modifie a library ?

Sincerely.

Pierre

david_prentice

If it is a 240x320 screen and you saw "something",    I guess that it is an ILI9341.

This is not supported by the official UTFT library.    But member TFTLCDCyg has posted a modified UTFT.

It would have been nice if the link had a photo of the display pcb.

David.

ChPr

If it is a 240x320 screen and you saw "something",    I guess that it is an ILI9341. ...
This library does not work. I already tried all of them and none give good result.

... This is not supported by the official UTFT library.    But member TFTLCDCyg has posted a modified UTFT. ..
How to find this link ?

... It would have been nice if the link had a photo of the display pcb....
On the back of the display pcb (see attachment) is the following text :TFT_320QWT_9341. That should say that it could work with the ILI9341 library but, infortunately it does not work with. On the PCB, there is a missing integrated circuit. Is this on purpose or not ?

Sincerely

Pierre

david_prentice

Type TFT_320QWT_9341 into the Search box at the top right of your screen.

I am sure that you will find .TFTLCDCyg and his modified library.

This screen comes up about every 7 days.    It should not be hard to solve.    If your link had shown the pcb view,   we would have seen the magic model number.    And possibly provided you with the exact link to TFTLCDCyg's post.

David.

ChPr

Thank you david_prentice for this link.

I have downloaded his modified UTFT and now, every thing is working fine.

Sincerely.

Pierre

david_prentice

Mar 23, 2016, 12:17 am Last Edit: Mar 23, 2016, 12:19 am by david_prentice
I did not provide the link.   I simply suggested a Search because I was not at a PC when I replied.

I note that the solution was in a thread called "TFT_320QVT_9341 only white screen"

David.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy