Go Down

Topic: Opel TID Display (Read 27 times) previous topic - next topic

AJB2K3

Can you post Pictures of your setup and connections please?
Sorry for the noobish post but my knowledge is 10 years out of date!

Giovanni83

i'm afraid a picture wouldn't be of much help, but here is how i connected the tid to my mega

tid connector pin

1   -> +12 V
2   -> disconnected
3   -> ground
4   -> disconnected
5   -> disconnected (i tried this to +12 but the tid goes off... even if it shouldn't)
6   -> disconnected
7   -> disconnected
8   -> +12 V
9   -> pin 5 on my mega
10  -> pin 6 on my mega
11  -> pin 7 on my mega
12  -> disconnected

worth to mention that connections for 9,10,11 needs to be configured when including the library into your project (see tid.h)

AJB2K3

Jan 11, 2013, 07:15 am Last Edit: Jan 11, 2013, 07:32 am by AJB2K3 Reason: 1
Strange dunno why it's doing that.
And the mega works fine with the coms lines!
Ok something I came across on a car forum is that, some hoe the display is able to retrieve error codes from the edu.
Is it possible to get the arduino to both read and write on the i2c bus?
Sorry for the noobish post but my knowledge is 10 years out of date!

Giovanni83

while inside my car, i could press both buttons of my display and after a while it would show me the speed and then show a "test screen" with all characters lit. Once removed from the car, connected as i told in the post above and powered up, doing the same operation made all stored fault codes appear in sequence. I'm not sure why this doesn't happen when mounted inside the veichle, nor if those codes can be retrieved from the tid, all i know is that read operations on i2c bus need a 1 after the address, so in this case the address byte becomes 0x95

roelke

Thanks for the OpelTID library
Unfortunately I've tried to use it, but it's not working.

I'm using the following code, and the only thing I see is sometimes a CD symbol  : http://pastebin.com/2jHE4zxh
I can change the symbol by changing the the value of  i
But I'm not seeing any text.

I'm using a UNO R3 and i've tried 2 TID.
What I'm doing wrong ?

Roel

Go Up