Go Down

Topic: Opel TID Display (Read 27 times) previous topic - next topic

Giovanni83

Apr 26, 2013, 09:19 pm Last Edit: Apr 26, 2013, 09:21 pm by Giovanni83 Reason: 1
@gorgeus
the line
Code: [Select]

mydisplay.display_message("SCROLLING MONKEY5!",500);

contains an error: the speed value must be between 1 and 255 (it's specified in the tid.h file). My guess is that a value of 500 causes your project to hang.  Try lowering this value and see if at lest the led blinks.

hope this helps

gorgeous

Thanks for the response. I've corrected the line, but still nothing happend.

Meanwhile I have loaded the Blink Sketch and evaluated the power supply. 12V= to VIN causes RX TX to light, L doesnt blink. When I increase the current to 15V=, L starts to blink. I don't understand this behaviour, since VIN is specified to 6-12V.
I am not sure, how to power the Arduino in the car. When the battery is not charged I have 14,5V and 13,8V when charged. How can I get 15V in the car? Or other suggestions? Or is my Arduino kind of buggy?

BTW: the TID in my Corsa is the same like in the Astra G, dandymon has shown a picture of it.

Giovanni83

Apr 26, 2013, 10:03 pm Last Edit: Apr 27, 2013, 01:58 am by Giovanni83 Reason: 1
BTW: the TID in my Corsa is the same like in the Astra G, dandymon has shown a picture of it.

yup, i made a bit of confusion between the various display models, so i edited my post

on the power supply matter, to get 12 v as you said in your firts post, what kind of power supply you used?

gorgeous

I am using an adjustable power supply that provides 0-16V= at 500mA. I have placed a measuring device inbetween while powering my Arduino for viewing the current under load. When the current exceeds 15V, the Blink Sketch starts to blink the LED.

Giovanni83

Apr 26, 2013, 10:34 pm Last Edit: Apr 26, 2013, 10:36 pm by Giovanni83 Reason: 1
by your description (and please don't take offense) i'm  guessing electronics is not your strong suit  :)

when the power supply is set to 12V and the measuring device (looks like this?) is removed and disconnected, the simple blink sketch works properly?

Go Up