Go Down

Topic: Moving toy car using keyborad (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Ahas

This is my first project using Arduino .
I hope you like it :D ..

How it's work:
I've connected Arduino to the remote control.

How to do that:
I've connected wires from the Arduino to the moving pins in the remote control , If I press up , down , left and right it sends commands to the Arduino then the Arduino sends
commands to the remote control after that the remote control sends commands to the car , Then it moves :D . As easy is that .

I used :
Arduino
Visual basic 6.0
Toy car

To watch  :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8Tz7rDWaYo

bill2009

hey, very nice!  I can't see the video because it uses flash but your setup sounds great.

chvyrulz350

very nice. i have an old rc car myself id like to try and hack.

MikMo

Thats cool.

For your next assignment you can change the VB program so it can be programmed with a sequence of up/down/left/right keystrokes. The sequence can be played back.

That way you could "program" the car to drive a specific route, and repeat it over and over. (if the wheels don't slip too much)

mowcius

A bit of work needed on getting it to go forward and turn at the same time. Looks like a good start though :)

Mowcius

Zandaa

Looking very nice, however, concerning the programming. I'd stray away from Visual Basic 6 as it is very much outdated, look at the .NET languages like VB.NET or C# if you want to stick to Microsoft.. if not you could always take a look at Java.

CounterPillow

Looks like fun stuff! :) Great idea. I have some old RC-Cars lying around, maybe I should try that too.
I think it would be cool if you would add a Bluetooth Webcam to it.

Ahas

Feb 24, 2010, 06:31 pm Last Edit: Feb 24, 2010, 10:41 pm by Ahas Reason: 1
bill2009 , Thanks for your post  :)

chvyrulz350 , CounterPillow , Thanks and if you need any help I'm right here  ;)

MikMo, Thanks , I'm on it  :)

mowcius, Thanks , I think you're right about that , but I think the issue is in the car itself because it's cheap and low-quality  :)

Zandaa ,Thanks , I used it because it saves time and resources  8-) , But if I needed complicated things I'll back to those languages  ;)

Go Up

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name:
Email:

shortcuts: alt+s submit/post or alt+p preview