Poll
Question: What is best....?
Mega - 0 (0%)
Wireless - 2 (100%)
Total Voters: 2

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Seeking help with communications problems from the arduino experts.....  (Read 482 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Well...we started a arduino proyect a few weeks ago, the ones we finished before worked just fine, this one....not so much. We built a 2wd robot with a robotic arm, camera and a few lights. We are using a Visual Studio 2010 application to control the robot but we also have acces to LabView 2011. But here is where we came to a stop. Our goal was to make it wireless, meaning we want to be able to control it wireless from a laptop. I have a WRT54GL Linksys wireless router, also have a D-Link WBR-1310 wireless router, a ENC28J60 ethernet shield, and may be able to find an old phone with bluetooth.....I tried a few things with not very good results...Does anyone have any sugestons on wich route would be the best....Any help will be apreciated...

Thank you.

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

Any help will be apreciated...
I voted for wireless. Hope that helps.

Miramar Beach, Florida
Faraday Member
View Profile

I use a W5100 ethernet shield with Mikrotik/RouterBoard equipment with no problems. I used this with great success:
Arduino/shield -> ether1 router(RB433UAH) wlan1 -> wlan1 router(RB433) ether1 -> ether2 router(RB433AH) ether1 -> internet

I have not tried any of this with the residential equipment, like the D-Link and Linksys stuff.

Tesla Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

The below link has some thoughts on a fairly simple wireless router based bot. Unless you are very familiar with the operation of the ENC28J60 based shield, I suggest you use a w5100 based shield for ease of use.

http://www.lynxmotion.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=6343

Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   smiley-cool

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: