Go Down

Topic: Where can I find a 1.0mm pitch QFP adapter for a 52pin ic? (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic

CrossRoads

Okay, I think I got it. Duplicated the schematic 3 times with the new symbol, turned the placement 90 degrees, gave them all unique signal names & ground planes.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

mmcp42

Nov 16, 2011, 07:41 pm Last Edit: Nov 16, 2011, 07:45 pm by mmcp42 Reason: 1
good to see you got it sorted!
I did wonder why you went for long and skinny instead of square(ish)
you'd get more on the board (within the EAGLE limit)

is it so you can drop the breakout onto a standard breadboard?

btw I updated the library to use finer lines for the internal circuitry
allows me to show pin numbers on the schematic
makes it easier to assign net names!
http://www.mmcpix.com/CNC/HT1632.lbr
there are only 10 types of people
them that understands binary
and them that doesn't

TECH GEEK

Okay, I think I got it. Duplicated the schematic 3 times with the new symbol, turned the placement 90 degrees, gave them all unique signal names & ground planes.

Are you sure those traces can handle 250mA?
As always... Thanks for posting!!!

CrossRoads

How wide would you suggest? Autorouting is working great, I can bump to 10mil wide no problem. Clean up a few corners when done.

Square like this? Not breadboard friendly. Could be good on a perfboard prototype for wirewrapping, but then going to 2-row per side with wirewrapping would work too.

Seems like can 4 of those, vs 3 DIP style.  Be tricky cutting them apart too.

Compromise is 2 DIP and 1 square.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.

TECH GEEK

My original design was just under 5cm * 5cm, so that there would be fewer spare pcb's. (All I need is 4 or 5)
Also it had the REQUIRED resistors that are needed if we want to use the HT1632 chip.
I agree that your DIP design would be very useful for breadboarding, however the HT1632 chip is best used as a LED Matrix driver, and was designed to drive PERMANENT setups.

Unless there is a specific reason that the HT1632 would need to be on a breadboard,
I will continue to question why anyone would need to use this breakout in a temporary setup...

CrossRoads

Okay, so what were you after them when you asked this to start the thread ??

"Where can I find a 1.0mm pitch QFP adapter for a 52pin ic?

Ps I've been looking for a week w/o anything..."

I do a lot of prototyping, and either one of what I designed (or the double row I discussed, with pins on 0.1" centers for perf board) would suit my needs for that.

As for required resistors, those vary based on the matrix configuration used.

"however the HT1632 chip is best used as a LED Matrix driver, and was designed to drive PERMANENT setups.

Unless there is a specific reason that the HT1632 would need to be on a breadboard"

And yet your own designs are merely breakout boards with resistors added - I would sumit a PERMANENT setup would be on a board with a microcontroller, other user I/O, etc.

So you have your needs, we helped you out, there was some discussion of trading LEDs for PCBs, so ... whatever.

TECH GEEK

Ok i guess you have a point...

I probable just should of asked why it was in dip form, instead of doing what I did...
I guess all I can say is that i'm sorry.

BTW if you are able to forgive me, I still have a lot of LEDs i will likely never use...
I would be  willing to give you 500 if you send me 4 or 5 blank pcbs
(could also use 4 or 5 chips )

CrossRoads

No need to apologize, there's lot of room for approaching designs from different angles.
If you're happy with the 5x5cm board you designed with vertically mounted resistors, go ahead and order the 5-lot or 10-lot of chips and the resistors you need, and 10 boards for $9.90 + $5 shipping from iteadstudio or whomever. Not talking much investment there for chips if I recall the prices right.
If you want to offer LEDs and a board or two and a chip or two and some spare LEDs (got 512 spare? enough for a 16x32 display some time, or an 8x8x8 cube?), I'd be willing to solder together some boards & chips & resistors for you in exchange.

TECH GEEK

Nov 17, 2011, 08:01 pm Last Edit: Nov 17, 2011, 08:06 pm by TECH GEEK Reason: 1

No need to apologize, there's lot of room for approaching designs from different angles.
If you're happy with the 5x5cm board you designed with vertically mounted resistors, go ahead and order the 5-lot or 10-lot of chips and the resistors you need, and 10 boards for $9.90 + $5 shipping from iteadstudio or whomever. Not talking much investment there for chips if I recall the prices right.
If you want to offer LEDs and a board or two and a chip or two and some spare LEDs (got 512 spare? enough for a 16x32 display some time, or an 8x8x8 cube?), I'd be willing to solder together some boards & chips & resistors for you in exchange.

I would be more than happy to send you 512 LED's +  spares...
However it is near impossible to buy anything these days as i'm living with my mom, and will be moving out to live on my own in a week.
(mom is in charge of money, & says only food + bills)
The reason I asked to trade w/ you is because of the following:

• I wanted to find a 'home' for some of the extra LEDs I have...

• I can't buy anything (tho I do have USPS boxes that I can mail) & I need 4 or 5 chips + boards for the chips...

• I thought since I'm giving you a lot of LED's, you could use some HT1632's + pcb's as well...

Basiclly I would like to trade 550 - 600 LEDs for 4 or 5 pcbs & chips
(You can choose to solder the chips in or let me try and do it myself(I want to use my own resistors))

TECH GEEK

CrossRoads

So,
You want me to spend
$9.90 + $5 shipping
http://iteadstudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=19_20&products_id=173&zenid=od8p21i58ga9t4gn91nofds5r1
$12.72 + shipping
http://www.suntekstore.com/goods-14002748-10+x+HT1632C+Driver+Chip+for+LED+Dot+Matrix+Unit+Board+.html
plus my time to assemble the boards for you
in exchange for less than $17 worth of LEDs, that you haven't sent any technical data on.

http://www.dipmicro.com/store/LED3R red for example
http://www.dipmicro.com/store/LED3Y yellow
http://www.dipmicro.com/store/LED5B blue
http://www.dipmicro.com/store/LED5W white
http://www.dipmicro.com/store/LED5G green

TECH GEEK

hmm..
Didn't think about the prices...
My bad.

Here are the LEDs I have

I got the 1500 LED's for ~$40 (+/- $5) plus $10 shipping... ($16 for 500 LEDs, So it is less than $17, but only by $1)

Tell you what, since I only need ~600,
I'll give you 600 and just ask for 5 of the pcb's. (No chips)
Keep in mind that even @ 600 LEDs for 10 PCBs & No more talk of chips, I would be the one who is lossing out...

Also I believe I said that you didn't have to assemble anything unless you wanted to...

CrossRoads

Are you going to have to have time to work on the cube?

"I only have a cheap Radioshack soldering iron, and it's tip has a REALLY bad angle... (90degrees)"

"Also i'm REALLY bad at soldering...
Even those super simple PTH kits..."

"and will be moving out to live on my own in a week."

Sounds like you have your hands full dude.

Let me go back & revisit your board with resistors design.

TECH GEEK

Thanks man

I will have more off time after I move...
I haven't uploaded the new board yet.
But I think all the layers that have copper are done.

I was thinking a bit about this:
If I send my address via PM, and you send the 10 pcb's to the address, then you won't have to re-mail anything + I'll have spare pcb's for mistakes...

Did you look @ the link to the LED's?
They are actually pretty well made, because when I got them, I tested every one an only found one that would't light up..(had a broken lead at the base)

CrossRoads

Yes, interesting red/green LEDs, just wondering how bright they will be when multiplexed.
I have some Huge Kingbright 7-segment displays, they seem to be a good manufacturer

Did you add polygons, and name them GND, to the top & bottom also?

Standing by for revised design...

Go Up