Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
Author Topic: Dual Core 168 Arduino  (Read 19989 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I got the setup to work! however, I did not build it as efficiently as I could, so I am starting over on the hardware side of things... thank you very much for letting me try one of these boards smiley-kitty
also, on another note, I could not find any performance deficiencies that would be due to the design, and they have always remained in sync... I may post a work-log of the "next gen" high speed setup, including an audio amp for using a wider frequency response (I used a piezo unit, so thuds were out of the question)...

Norway
R-Doo-Inoo in the making :3
View Profile

am currently running a 5x5 LED display scrolling a message on one of the chips, am going to build a second display wen i get the LEDs and run the same prog on the other chip. and see how it copes over a week

B-dui in creation.

God Member
skcor oniudrA
View Profile

I got the setup to work! however, I did not build it as efficiently as I could, so I am starting over on the hardware side of things... thank you very much for letting me try one of these boards smiley-kitty
also, on another note, I could not find any performance deficiencies that would be due to the design, and they have always remained in sync... I may post a work-log of the "next gen" high speed setup, including an audio amp for using a wider frequency response (I used a piezo unit, so thuds were out of the question)...

Thank you for participating your feed back is much appreciated.

God Member
skcor oniudrA
View Profile

am currently running a 5x5 LED display scrolling a message on one of the chips, am going to build a second display wen i get the LEDs and run the same prog on the other chip. and see how it copes over a week

Nice, look forward to hearing how it goes.

Norway
R-Doo-Inoo in the making :3
View Profile

its been running for abot a week non stop, 1 red 5x5 display, and 1 green 5x5 display. Both kept and stil are keeping perfect sync smiley

will have to try some servo tests next i thnik smiley

B-dui in creation.

veroboaring is the new XGame - Extreme Veroboarder
View Profile

I'm doing some similar, but i'm using to ATMEGA 8 like RS-232 to I2C port.
Both connected to a ARM7 CPU using SPI.

I'm using the ATmega 8 like rs-232 port expander for my ARM 7 device.

Now this works great but.....I can pull the both AtMega and them send me data from the Rs-232 port (UART).

Now some strange happends when i need handshake in the SPI library, What i do is write a Slave Sender-Receiver, what i don't know is if i need stop the event from SPI and using what logic for this handshake.

Some ideas?

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Is there a status update on the availability of this?  I'd love to buy a pre-assembled version (I'm not much of a solderer yet, still practicing).

I need an arduino to communicate to PC and LCD/button board.  Was just gonna use two arduinos, but this would be easier to handle (as it's an all-in-one solution)

Thanks!

God Member
skcor oniudrA
View Profile

I'm waiting to see the new ATmega1280 and its price point. That would have everything and more than you'd get from a dual IC, but its attractiveness depends on where in the pricing ladder they place it.

Personally I think it would make sense for it to be priced somewhere between the NG and wiring 128, so the dual IC could still be a viable alternative for the hobby minded.

That being said, it wouldn't make sense for us to sell them assembled, so its likely that we'll flick the PCB's off to one of the clone sellers and they can sell the PCB's as kits, or if they don't mind putting boards together, they can sell them assembled.

Since there's only 1 resonator the price difference between a single and dual shouldn't be any more than a few dollars, the 168's are about 2.35/500 last time I looked and the PCB is a matter of cents for the additional real estate.

A few months ago our needs changed and were now working with single IC's and a CAN bus setup (MCP2515/MCP2551's).

But, we haven't abandoned the dual, once the 1280 makes an appearance we'll decide if or not to press the button on a shield compatible version of the PCB.

Fingers crossed thats not too far away, and Mellis would be the best person to speak to about a likely release date.

http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1219300997/3#3

Arduino rocks
View Profile

one thing someone noted is that the chips might be out of phase to test if this is so you could set up a serial connection at a really high baud and try to send the same signal if it comes out all garbled then the chips are out of phase and if you want to do any kind of serious communication between them and expecting them to be on the same bit of the program youd get a horrible car wreck.  if you want to get Consistent results from your project you should really create a "dualduino" board and try to get them timed correctly.

but on a different note that is a freakin osm project.  coolest thing ive seen done with any kind of micro controller period.

God Member
skcor oniudrA
View Profile

The IC's share the same resonator and tests so far indicate they are both perfectly synchronized, obviously for that reason.

Maybe other testers have something to add to that.

We're using i2c for chip to chip communications so the ICs don't really need to be in sync.

What application did you have in mind that requires both IC to be in sync to communicate?

New York
Edison Member
E != m*c^2
View Profile

I want your babies... that is possibly the most beautiful arduino based thing i have ever seen... (a little late on the realization that this post exists...)

God Member
skcor oniudrA
View Profile

I've been away for a while and my! isn't the Mega a fantastic development!

Here's the product page if anyone's reading this thread looking for extra grunt, it has 4 hardware serial ports!!!!  

http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardMega

Has anyone got a 1280 bare bones in development?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 06:03:53 am by John_Ryan » Logged

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Even though the Arduino Mega is available, I'm still interested in the dual core 168.  I've been looking at ways to add another UART to my Arduino, and I think this dual core is a great idea.

I don't need a PCB (but it would be cool if you have any to spare, whether or not the latest design).  I'd like to see your schematic and source code listing.  Could you please post them?

Thanks very much,
jeff

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Does anyone know where you could find the schematic circuit diagram for this board

Milan
Edison Member
gioblu.com
View Profile

I also need the schematics to build a dual core arduino!! Someone has something?

Community robotica / programmazione Arduino
www.gioblu.com

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
Jump to: