Go Down

Topic: Please help spread KiCad word (Read 2243 times) previous topic - next topic

Nov 14, 2011, 05:24 pm Last Edit: Nov 15, 2011, 10:32 am by Graynomad Reason: 1
<grumpy old man rant>
Yes I agree there are many times when just having stubs with net names is best, I do that all the time and with huge 200-pin chips there is often little choice. But there are times when that's not appropriate and it seems to be a trend these days to have 5 pages of orphaned components with hardly a wire in sight. I see this all the time with a stub called say AXY_12, I spend 10 minutes looking for it's other end only to find it right on the adjacent chip. I know the router doesn't care (auto routers, don't get me started :)) but it's hard for a human to find these things.

Making variants etc is a kludge, see my earlier comment about Protel. You should be able to just pick up a pin and move it.

A schematic is a document and, with the exception of anything written by a lawyer, the purpose of any document is to make something clear. All the techniques we've talked about should be available to the designer to allow him the flexibility to create a clear schematic.
</grumpy old man rant>

Sorry, I'll go have my nap now.

Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131