Go Down

Topic: Useful projects (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

opc0de

The arduino platform is simply amazing, i worked on a few projects but i find them pretty useless. I want to make something that i can be proud of and other people can use. Any ideas ? Post here any arduino project that u think is useful to real life. Thanks!

justjed

Very difficult to suggest, as what is useful to one person is junk to another.

This would be of little use to a nomadic tribesman.
... it is poor civic hygiene to install technologies that could someday
facilitate a police state. -- Bruce Schneier

retrolefty

Post here any arduino project that u think is useful to real life. Thanks!

Ok, how about a Arduino nuclear reactor controller, you could offer your neighbors a discount on their electric bill as a offset of having the reactor in your backyard. Be sure you make it open source for all to be able to copy.  ;)

Lefty

Graynomad

Nov 17, 2011, 06:17 am Last Edit: Nov 17, 2011, 06:20 am by Graynomad Reason: 1
I want to make something that i can be proud of and other people can use.

You and me both, and I've been trying for 30 years :)

I guess the standard line is to do what you will find useful and there's a chance that if you build it they will come. If they don't then at least you have something you can use.

HINT: From what I've seen lately whatever you do it has to include some flashing LEDs.
______
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

CrossRoads

PM putyn, he's in Romania also, maybe  useful will depend on what you can acquire for parts.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

justjed

I thought of something. A HERF gun mounted on a robot that seeks out high amplitude, low frequency audio.
... it is poor civic hygiene to install technologies that could someday
facilitate a police state. -- Bruce Schneier

CrossRoads

boom box cars beware ...
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Go Up