Go Down

Topic: [MOD] Arduino Enhanced Release 1.0.5 for Windows (installer, drivers, etc) +SRC (Read 259 times) previous topic - next topic

eried

Have you seen this: https://code.google.com/p/arduino-tiny/downloads/detail?name=arduino-tiny-0100-0018.zip

So, if you take a look into the boards, they suggest some changes to add the tiny core files (maybe you use another version, or your own, but the concept it's the same).

When the core is defined, i.e. attiny84at16.build.core=tiny arduino will use the \tiny\cores\tiny\ files, so you can easily add your adafruit files into the core itself, and use the board selector to get multiple includes cleanly.
My website: http://ried.cl

hole

I dislike this concept.

With it I end in a awful situation: new version of any tool, download, install, add my patches. This means writing down all the things I have done and noting all the dependencies. Its cruel.

conditional includes in my code look so much cleaner to me.

eried

I dislike this concept.

With it I end in a awful situation: new version of any tool, download, install, add my patches. This means writing down all the things I have done and noting all the dependencies. Its cruel.

conditional includes in my code look so much cleaner to me.

Yes, for that specific file is ugly :/ what solution do you suggest? I can do basic parse for conditions, but not these complete expression you are using (like list all defines, and exclude the not matching blocks)

BTW, I am starting to mod 1.5.x and in the meanwhile I am going to try to start with the complete compatible changes in order to get them in the official:
https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/pull/2070

I hope that mini-effort worth something :D

hole

Yes, for that specific file is ugly :/ what solution do you suggest?

Let us take this:
Code: [Select]

#ifdef foo
  #include <fish.h>
#else
  #include <duck.h>
#endif

void main() {}

Call the preprocessor with
avr-cpp blah.c -M -MG -MF blah.make

creates

blah.o: blah.c duck.h

adding a #define foo at the begin of blah.c creates

blah.o: blah.c fish.h

So run avr-cpp for each "tab" of the ide, collect the results, remove all includes, add the avr-pp-added includes.

This is the result of 10 minutes thinking, including a toilet break and getting a fresh coffee made by a total c/gcc noob. So it might not be a working strategy. But to me it looks like an approach a more experienced developer could dig into... or at least say why it wont work. And yes, I see the longer compile time and no, I don't care and yes, I could imagine a IDE-checkbox for turning this on and off and yes I see that this might add more confusion and yes, I so would suggest a quick regex on the source to see if there is any #if and then turn it on else leave it off if not IDE switch forces it on. Or so.

BTW, I am starting to mod 1.5.x

Good thing. I love the IDE, its simple and nice. While teaching it is easy to get the pupils fast moving with it.

On the other hand, Arduinos fixing errors and development is sooooo slow. We have had the library limit bug. There is the source code auto format (very needed for pupils...), a not so good project management, a boards-menu that could be folded twice around my monitor. I still love the remote reset feature.

Really, I like the simplicity.

If I had a say (...) I would say: freeze the 1.0.x, do some error fixing (like ERW, fix the limits etc) and forget it. And make a 2.x with no compatibility in mind at all. Just learn from the errors and move on to things that work better. So it could get rid of legacy stuff and evolve.

eried

The solution might work, but it seems quite overkill. I am not aware of the fully process the IDE makes to convert the sketches. By the way, have you tried adding the conditions to the included files?

The typical #include 'guard':
#ifndef SOME_HEADER
#define SOME_HEADER
// code
#endif

...and using a define sentence in the arduino sketch to "invalidate" one of these files? Maybe that approach can work?

And I also like the IDE. It is simplistic as the board. I like Visual Studio because it can handle from tiny projects to huge ones without hustle, but the IDE is lovely, I just hate the missing details and that's why this mod exists (i.e. blurry windows icon!)

hole

I don't see any overkill near effort. It should be needed for only the IDE-tab-files. Perhaps it would be enough to glue them all together like its already done and do it with one avr-gpp call.

But again, I have no say and am a noob. :-)

jengil

Jengil,

code compiles fine here using latest ERW.

I suspect path problems... easiest fix most of the time is: delete the arduino folder and reinstall.

Thanks for checking that issue hole! I have all messed up due millions of arduino versions :/ and no fully working arduino ide to try (something is really messed with my jdks, jre8 looks promising smiley-grin) last arduino official arduino installer throws all to c:\program files\arduino\ so I don't know how they will handle any eventual multiple version (if any, or if the installer was just a temporal thing due people bitching)... so new default path will have to be \program files\arduino erw\ instead of \program file\arduino\-per version folder-

I missed the response a few weeks ago, but have still been using the IDE.  Today I deleted Arduino Folders, uninstalled everything (arduino IDE & ERW IDE) and reinstalled the ERW to the new path as suggested.  When installing I get this error with board drivers (see Attachment).  I figure this could be the source of my errors in the compile?   Just to double check after I close the box, it still says installation completed properly - I open the (ERW) IDE and I still get the same error on the pasted code from a few weeks ago.  Any ideas??  The help is much appreciated I love this IDE.  Thanks for the assistance and for modding this!

markw2727

Just tried the Enhanced IDE. Works very well. 

Question: The "Burn Bootloader" command under Tools menu does not have a keyboard shortcut.
Is this something that can be added?
I want to use a "auto clicker" type program to make programming a large number of chips. So instead of having to first select "Burn Bootloader" and wait for that to finish, then click on "upload", it could all be automated.

Thanks for any help
Mark Warren

pico

I want to use a "auto clicker" type program to make programming a large number of chips. So instead of having to first select "Burn Bootloader" and wait for that to finish, then click on "upload", it could all be automated.

A more direct and efficient way of automating the programming of a large number of chips it to set up a batch file to run avrdude directly, rather than go indirectly through the IDE. If you are using "factory fresh" Atmel chips, you are going to have to set the fuses (in particular CLKDIV8) initially via an ISP programmer before you do anything useful with them anyway. You might as well do the programming and fuse setting in one go using a batch file script and run from the command line.
WiFi shields/Yun too expensive? Embeddedcoolness.com is now selling the RFXduino nRF24L01+ <-> TCP/IP Linux gateway: Simpler, more affordable, and even more powerful wireless Internet connectivity for *all* your Arduino projects! (nRF24L01+ shield and dev board kits available too.)

zcuba

Hi, this mod effectively saved my day, as it, unlike the official realease version, actually runs on my computer..

Arduino Leonardo
Windows 7
ERW 1.0.5

I need to program a webserver that monitors a lot of hardware, and decided that the easiest way for me, was to use an arduino, and then transmit sampled data via serial port to an old laptop.

However!
I spent an hour debugging the arduino, as I could not get the serial port to work, and started doubting if the board worked at all.
Then it occurred to me that I could blink with "L", tried it and it worked fine.
Then added the Serial.begin(), and the println(), and the board still blinked the diode, so the code was running.
Finally I tried opening putty, and monitored the serial port, and using putty, I got data from the board.
hurray, the board works as it should, and the code runs :D

but the serial monitor tool in the ERW does not receive data ??

eried

There are some issues with the serial monitor and the leonardo (I didn't had a leonardo in that time to test the issues). My idea is eventually update this, but I haven't started yet due laziness

frasej

How hard would it be to have the main window's location and size recorded to the preferences file?  I like my window to be larger than the default, and having to resize it every time I open the program is a pain.  I know that I can edit the preferences file myself, and have done so, but really, a program should remember the user's preferences in size.
Jay

eried

How hard would it be to have the main window's location and size recorded to the preferences file?  I like my window to be larger than the default, and having to resize it every time I open the program is a pain.  I know that I can edit the preferences file myself, and have done so, but really, a program should remember the user's preferences in size.

In terms of effort, probably low. I will try to remember it when I am modifiying the preferences stuff. But it would be better if you append the suggestion here https://github.com/eried/Arduino/issues because my memory Its like a ram, gets flushed after sleeping.

BOHICAMAN

I downloaded and love the Enhanced Release version!! I am also relatively new to Arduino and it's related programming. Might someone tell me how to change the columns on the screen? When I start the program, all coding is to the extreme left on the screen and it is hard to see. Also, when first started, the slider on the bottom is set to put the screen all the way to the right. Before I can see prior coding, I have to move the slider to the left to view the left side of the screen. Are changes for these two problems in the "idesettings_v104.txt" file? If so, under what listing? Thanks!!

Steve Nordhauser

This turned out to be the easy workaround for using Windoze 8.1 and not being allowed by the OS to get to the temp directory where the hex file is generated.  I was able to use the button under the sketch tab and get there, then create a link to that directory on my desktop.  No more 'Access Denied'.

Go Up