Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30   Go Down
Author Topic: Windows/Linux/Mac Eclipse plugin to compile and upload arduino sketches  (Read 81139 times)
UK
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

After all of that, it really is time to say 'thank you' Jantje ... overall, a brilliant piece of work and I'm really happy to be back using Eclipse.

Belgium
Edison Member
Arduino rocks; but with my plugin it can fly rocking the world ;-)
View Profile

hamiljf
Thanks
I'm doing my best
Best regards from Belgium
Jantje

Do not PM me a question unless you are prepared to pay for consultancy.
Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -

Belgium
Edison Member
View Profile

I release 1.2.2.5 of my arduino eclipse plugin which works in Juno.
Best regards
Jantje

UK
View Profile

Please remind us of the url of the update site where this is...
http://www.baeyens.it/eclipse/update
shows versions 1.2.0 and 1.2.4 when I look there.

Belgium
Edison Member
View Profile

I must have been tired last night.
The latest version is 1.2.5.5
The safest URL is http://www.baeyens.it/eclipse/update
To see the latest available version uncheck "Group items by category" and check "show only the latest versions of available software"

Best regards
Jantje

UK
View Profile

Thanks... that seems to have worked fine.  Strange the way that Eclipse only shows that item with those specific settings, but that is the way it is.
By the way... the configuration guidance shows a screen different to the attached (I hope it is attached) ...
what should one put in 'private library path' ?
And... (sorry to be dumb) but where does one get 'Serial' from when running in Eclipse?

* Screenshot at 2012-08-26 01:03:19.png (69.44 KB, 727x538 - viewed 21 times.)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 07:20:09 pm by hamiljf » Logged

Belgium
Edison Member
View Profile

hamiljf
Note from  http://eclipse.baeyens.it/Install.html
Note that the instructions are a bit outdated from 1.2.2 onwards.
If you feel the page should be 100% up to date please fork the project on github and update the website. I'll verify and post it when you are ready.

For the private library see the FAQ http://eclipse.baeyens.it/Arduino%20eclipse%20plugin%20FAQ.htm#Private_Library
Best regards
Jantje

Vancouver, Canada
View Profile

Hello:

Having an issue getting the Arduino wire library  to compile. I have followed the instructions at the recommended thread in the FAQ file to no avail.

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,86344.0.html

Win 7 64 bit
Arduino 1.0.1
Eclipse Indigo Release 2
Arduino eclipse plugin 1.2.5.5

Code:
**** Build of configuration Release for project Blink ****

make all
Building file: C:/Reef_Angel/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c
Invoking: AVR Compiler
avr-gcc -I"C:\Reef_Angel\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino" -I"C:\Reef_Angel\hardware\arduino\variants\standard" -I"C:\Users\Bryan\workspace\Blink" -I"C:\Reef_Angel\libraries\EEPROM" -I"C:\Reef_Angel\libraries\Ethernet" -I"C:\Reef_Angel\libraries\Firmata" -I"C:\Reef_Angel\libraries\LiquidCrystal" -I"C:\Reef_Angel\libraries\SD" -I"C:\Reef_Angel\libraries\Servo" -I"C:\Reef_Angel\libraries\SoftwareSerial" -I"C:\Reef_Angel\libraries\SPI" -I"C:\Reef_Angel\libraries\Stepper" -I"C:\Reef_Angel\libraries\Wire" -D__IN_ECLIPSE__=1 -DARDUINO=101 -DUSB_PID= -DUSB_VID= -Wall -Os -g -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000UL -MMD -MP -MF"Wire/utility/twi.d" -MT"Wire/utility/twi.d"  -c -o "Wire/utility/twi.o" "C:/Reef_Angel/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c"
C:/Reef_Angel/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c:115: error: conflicting types for 'twi_readFrom'
C:/Reef_Angel/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.h:81: error: previous declaration of 'twi_readFrom' was here
C:/Reef_Angel/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c:192: error: conflicting types for 'twi_writeTo'
C:/Reef_Angel/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.h:82: error: previous declaration of 'twi_writeTo' was here
make: *** [Wire/utility/twi.o] Error 1

Could anybody assist in what I need to do next?

* CaptureE.JPG (141.19 KB, 1033x862 - viewed 15 times.)

-=Bryan=-

Belgium
Edison Member
View Profile

Bryan
I tried to compile an arduino sketch with the wire library using the exact same setup as you do.
There is a regression bug; which is that the utility folder is not added to the include path. (The same problem exists for the ethernet library and SD library). Once this one is fixed it works fine.
The link you referred to is no longer valid. I have worked around that in the eclipse settings.

My guess is that you bumped in the regression bug and tried to fix it and that results in the problem you have.
I propose to change back to the original Arduino code and work around the regression bug as follows:
Select your project->properties->C/C++ general->Paths and symbols select the includes path click add; click workspace; select the utility folder in the ethernet folder. select ok; make sure you have "add to all languages" and "add to all configurations" on. Select OK
Following libraries will need this: Wire;SD and Ethernet

I hope this helps you out.
Best regards
Jantje
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 08:39:14 am by Jantje » Logged

Vancouver, Canada
View Profile

Thanks Jantje.

Your help worked. Project compiled fine. Much appreciated.

-=Bryan=-

Greece
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Hello,

I would like to install this nice plugin in one pc without internet connection, can someone tell me how can i ?

I found this https://github.com/jantje/arduino-eclipse-plugin  link but again i can't install it, what i am doing wrong ?

Thank you in advance.

This plugin it is PERFECT ! ! ! I will suggest to every on Well Done to the creator ! ! ! !

View Profile

Hi,

I have been trying to put eclipse to work with the pluggin.

I tried a simple SPI example to compile but i´m having some problems with variable scope due to problems in SPI and pins_arduino library.

The Eclipse Build process is giving me the following errors:

Code:
*** Clean-only build of configuration Release for project MCU3 ****

make clean
rm -rf  ./SPI/SPI.o  ./LiquidCrystal/LiquidCrystal.o  ./Firmata/Firmata.o  ./Ethernet/utility/socket.o ./Ethernet/utility/w5100.o  ./Ethernet/Dhcp.o ./Ethernet/Dns.o ./Ethernet/Ethernet.o ./Ethernet/EthernetClient.o ./Ethernet/EthernetServer.o ./Ethernet/EthernetUdp.o  ./EEPROM/EEPROM.o  ./MCU3.o  MCU3.eep  MCU3.hex  MCU3.lss  ./SPI/SPI.d  ./LiquidCrystal/LiquidCrystal.d  ./Firmata/Firmata.d  ./Ethernet/utility/socket.d ./Ethernet/utility/w5100.d  ./Ethernet/Dhcp.d ./Ethernet/Dns.d ./Ethernet/Ethernet.d ./Ethernet/EthernetClient.d ./Ethernet/EthernetServer.d ./Ethernet/EthernetUdp.d  ./EEPROM/EEPROM.d  ./MCU3.d  sizedummy  MCU3.elf

**** Build Finished ****

**** Build of configuration Release for project MCU3 ****

make all
Building file: C:/Program Files/arduino-1.0.1/libraries/SPI/SPI.cpp
Invoking: AVR C++ Compiler
avr-g++ -I"E:/LMIT HW  Energia/Wisebox/ECLIPSE_WSP/MCU3/MCU3/MCU3/Ethernet/utility" -I"E:/LMIT HW  Energia/Wisebox/ECLIPSE_WSP/MCU3/MCU3/MCU3/Wire/utility" -I"E:/LMIT HW  Energia/Wisebox/ECLIPSE_WSP/MCU3/MCU3/MCU3/SD/utility" -I"E:/LMIT HW  Energia/Wisebox/ECLIPSE_WSP/MCU3/MCU3/MCU3/SD" -I"E:/LMIT HW  Energia/Wisebox/ECLIPSE_WSP/MCU3/MCU3/Arduino_Uno/arduino" -I"E:/LMIT HW  Energia/Wisebox/ECLIPSE_WSP/MCU3/MCU3/Arduino_Uno/standard" -I"E:/LMIT HW  Energia/Wisebox/ECLIPSE_WSP/MCU3/leonardo_test" -I"E:/LMIT HW  Energia/Wisebox/ECLIPSE_WSP/MCU3/MCU3/MCU3" -I"E:/LMIT HW  Energia/Wisebox/ECLIPSE_WSP/MCU3/MCU3/MCU3/Wire" -I"E:/LMIT HW  Energia/Wisebox/ECLIPSE_WSP/MCU3/MCU3/MCU3/SPI" -I"E:/LMIT HW  Energia/Wisebox/ECLIPSE_WSP/MCU3/MCU3/MCU3/SoftwareSerial" -I"E:/LMIT HW  Energia/Wisebox/ECLIPSE_WSP/MCU3/MCU3/SdFat" -I"E:/LMIT HW  Energia/Wisebox/ECLIPSE_WSP/MCU3/MCU3/MCU3/Stepper" -I"E:/LMIT HW  Energia/Wisebox/ECLIPSE_WSP/MCU3/MCU3/MCU3/Servo" -I"E:/LMIT HW  Energia/Wisebox/ECLIPSE_WSP/MCU3/MCU3/MCU3/LiquidCrystal" -I"E:/LMIT HW  Energia/Wisebox/ECLIPSE_WSP/MCU3/MCU3/MCU3/Firmata" -I"E:/LMIT HW  Energia/Wisebox/ECLIPSE_WSP/MCU3/MCU3/MCU3/Ethernet" -I"E:/LMIT HW  Energia/Wisebox/ECLIPSE_WSP/MCU3/MCU3/MCU3/EEPROM" -I"E:/LMIT HW  Energia/Wisebox/ECLIPSE_WSP/MCU3/MCU3/Wire" -I../MCU3/MCU3/SPI -D__IN_ECLIPSE__=1 -DARDUINO=101 -DUSB_PID= -DUSB_VID= -Wall -Os -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-exceptions -g -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000UL -MMD -MP -MF"SPI/SPI.d" -MT"SPI/SPI.d"  -c -o "SPI/SPI.o" -x c++ "C:/Program Files/arduino-1.0.1/libraries/SPI/SPI.cpp"
C:/Program Files/arduino-1.0.1/libraries/SPI/SPI.cpp:11:26: error: pins_arduino.h: No such file or directory
In file included from C:/Program Files/arduino-1.0.1/libraries/SPI/SPI.cpp:12:
C:/Program Files/arduino-1.0.1/libraries/SPI/SPI.h:15:21: warning: Arduino.h: No such file or directory
In file included from C:/Program Files/arduino-1.0.1/libraries/SPI/SPI.cpp:12:
C:/Program Files/arduino-1.0.1/libraries/SPI/SPI.h:38: error: 'byte' does not name a type
C:/Program Files/arduino-1.0.1/libraries/SPI/SPI.h:55: error: 'byte' does not name a type
C:/Program Files/arduino-1.0.1/libraries/SPI/SPI.cpp: In static member function 'static void SPIClass::begin()':
C:/Program Files/arduino-1.0.1/libraries/SPI/SPI.cpp:23: error: 'SCK' was not declared in this scope
C:/Program Files/arduino-1.0.1/libraries/SPI/SPI.cpp:23: error: 'OUTPUT' was not declared in this scope
C:/Program Files/arduino-1.0.1/libraries/SPI/SPI.cpp:23: error: 'pinMode' was not declared in this scope
C:/Program Files/arduino-1.0.1/libraries/SPI/SPI.cpp:24: error: 'MOSI' was not declared in this scope
C:/Program Files/arduino-1.0.1/libraries/SPI/SPI.cpp:25: error: 'SS' was not declared in this scope
C:/Program Files/arduino-1.0.1/libraries/SPI/SPI.cpp:27: error: 'LOW' was not declared in this scope
C:/Program Files/arduino-1.0.1/libraries/SPI/SPI.cpp:27: error: 'digitalWrite' was not declared in this scope
C:/Program Files/arduino-1.0.1/libraries/SPI/SPI.cpp:29: error: 'HIGH' was not declared in this scope
C:/Program Files/arduino-1.0.1/libraries/SPI/SPI.cpp: In static member function 'static void SPIClass::setBitOrder(uint8_t)':
C:/Program Files/arduino-1.0.1/libraries/SPI/SPI.cpp:44: error: 'LSBFIRST' was not declared in this scope
make: *** [SPI/SPI.o] Error 1

**** Build Finished ****

Do you have any idea what i can do to solve this problem?

I leave here the project image, in case it helps...
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7216207/SPI.JPG
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 05:49:12 am by LuisSoares » Logged

Belgium
Edison Member
View Profile

I would like to install this nice plugin in one pc without internet connection, can someone tell me how can i ?
I don't know how to do this.

LuisSoares
Looking at your command line this does not look like the eclipse plugin this thread is about.
Are you sure you installed the plugin as described in http://eclipse.baeyens.it/

Best regards
Jantje

View Profile

Hi,

I think so, this is the link for the plugin i dowloaded:

I choose  the uncategorized version 1.2.4

Greece
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Hello jantje, thank you very much for the reply and thank you very much for the NICE - Perfect plugin you create ! ! ! ! I believe you have make a lot of people happy :-) include me ! ! ! :-) Well Done ! ! !

I will try to find and i will update for other people too (looking the same problem like me).

@LuisSoares, it is very simple :-) i meet too this problem with Ethernet library, what i have done so far on all the libraries is:
delete all the *.txt files from the folder on each library and the example folders leave only the *.cpp, *.h and the include files only.

Have fun and good coding :-)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30   Go Up
Jump to: