Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30   Go Down
Author Topic: Windows/Linux/Mac Eclipse plugin to compile and upload arduino sketches  (Read 81293 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

You're right, I moved the arduino folder to c:\ and now it works !

Thanks a lot for helping me and thanks a lot for your plugin !

I just tried to user arduino 1.5.2 with kepler (installed on d:\arduino) and the plugin don"t recognize the arduino folder.

Nathalie

Belgium
Edison Member
Arduino rocks; but with my plugin it can fly rocking the world ;-)
View Profile

good to hear it works.
If you want to work with Arduino 1.5.2 beta you need to install plugin version 2 beta.
See http://blog.baeyens.it/#home
Best regards
Jantje

Do not PM me a question unless you are prepared to pay for consultancy.
Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -

View Profile

Thank you Jantje

For now I don't need 1.5.2 beta.

I'm so happy it's all builing now.

View Profile

Hi!
I have just started with arduino and using the eclipse plugin. So far I have tested the blink and serial example and it works fine.
Though now I'm trying to use a MPU 6050 sensor which means I need to include the Wire library and it does not build. I have tested the code with the Arduino IDE and it works fine.

Eclipse Version: Kepler Release
Plugin: 1.2.4
Arduino: 1.0.5
Board: Arduino UNO

Imported libraries are: Wire, I2Cdev and MPU6050

Console output:
Code:
avr-gcc -I../TestTest/I2Cdev -I"C:\Development\Arduino\Libraries\I2Cdev" -D__IN_ECLIPSE__=1 -DARDUINO=105 -DUSB_PID= -DUSB_VID= -Wall -Os -g -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000UL -MMD -MP -MF"Wire/utility/twi.d" -MT"Wire/utility/twi.d"  -c -o "Wire/utility/twi.o" "C:/Arduino/arduino-1.0.5/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c"
C:/Arduino/arduino-1.0.5/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c:28:41: error: Arduino.h: No such file or directory
C:/Arduino/arduino-1.0.5/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c:38:26: error: pins_arduino.h: No such file or directory
C:/Arduino/arduino-1.0.5/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c: In function 'twi_init':
C:/Arduino/arduino-1.0.5/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c:72: error: 'true' undeclared (first use in this function)
C:/Arduino/arduino-1.0.5/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c:72: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
C:/Arduino/arduino-1.0.5/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c:72: error: for each function it appears in.)
C:/Arduino/arduino-1.0.5/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c:73: error: 'false' undeclared (first use in this function)
C:/Arduino/arduino-1.0.5/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c:76: warning: implicit declaration of function 'digitalWrite'
C:/Arduino/arduino-1.0.5/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c:76: error: 'SDA' undeclared (first use in this function)
C:/Arduino/arduino-1.0.5/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c:77: error: 'SCL' undeclared (first use in this function)
C:/Arduino/arduino-1.0.5/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c: In function 'twi_readFrom':
C:/Arduino/arduino-1.0.5/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c:146: error: 'true' undeclared (first use in this function)
C:/Arduino/arduino-1.0.5/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c:153: error: 'false' undeclared (first use in this function)
C:/Arduino/arduino-1.0.5/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c: In function 'twi_writeTo':
C:/Arduino/arduino-1.0.5/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c:226: error: 'true' undeclared (first use in this function)
C:/Arduino/arduino-1.0.5/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c:233: error: 'false' undeclared (first use in this function)
C:/Arduino/arduino-1.0.5/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c: In function '__vector_24':
C:/Arduino/arduino-1.0.5/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c:386: error: 'true' undeclared (first use in this function)
make: *** [Wire/utility/twi.o] Error 1

It was many years since I coded so its probably a noob mistake.

Belgium
Edison Member
View Profile

please upgrade to the latest version.

View Profile

please upgrade to the latest version.

I just noticed that I actually have the latest version 1.2.5.5.
Dont know where I got 1.2.4 from.

Edit:
Made a new project and imported wire, i2c and mpu6050 and now it compiles fine.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 03:33:17 pm by vizual54 » Logged

Belgium
Edison Member
View Profile

Great
Thanks for the update.
jantje

View Profile

I'm just coming back to some Arduino development, but since last I time I've moved from using an old ubuntu linux  to a new mint 15.

I've installed Juno from the eclipse web site as Mint15 ships with "eclipse 3.8" and I wasn't sure it that was an "I" or "J" version.

Anyway I've installed the 1.5.2 beta aduino tools, and the latest version of your plug-in.

Some of my existing project have some assembly code functions in ".S" files.  These used to be automatically assembled and linked, but with the new tools they don't get built.

Is this the expected behavior and if so can it be changed to include them in the build ?   BTW they do show up correctly in the project explorer.

PeterO

Belgium
Edison Member
View Profile

Peter
Nice to hear it works on Mint;-)
As you probably noticed V2 beta of my plugin is a complete rewrite. And I indeed removed the assembly thinking who needs that (I assumed that inline assembly would be used).
If you want V2 Beta to compile assembly you could try to add a assembly instruction to the toolchain for your project.
If your assembly is in the project (in other: "not a library") it may turn out to be easy (I have never done it)
Keep us posted on progress.
Best regards
Jantje

View Profile

Thanks for quick reply !

I'm not sure which of the tools I should be adding to the tool chain.  There doesn't seem to be an "Arduino assembler" option equivalent to the "Arduino C Compiler" option.

PeterO

I've tried adding the "Cross GCC Assembler" but that results in lots of java "NULL pointer exceptions" .....    smiley-eek
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 10:42:58 am by PeterO » Logged

Belgium
Edison Member
View Profile

I've tried adding the "Cross GCC Assembler" but that results in lots of java "NULL pointer exceptions" .....    smiley-eek
Sounds like it won't work.
Is inline assembly an option for you?
Best regards
Jantje

View Profile

Sounds like it won't work.
It may work as it's most likely I've not set it up correctly.  Can you give any hints as to what setting would need to be made ?
Best regards
Jantje
Maybe, but it seems a shame the previous functionality (that just worked) has been removed. 
PeterO

View Profile

Hmmmm.....

Making some progress, but it seems like the ".S" file isn't being looked at atall.  What should link a ".S" file to using the tool specified as the assembler ?

PeterO

Belgium
Edison Member
View Profile

Making some progress, but it seems like the ".S" file isn't being looked at a tall.  What should link a ".S" file to using the tool specified as the assembler ?
The link is in the "tool" as such the "Cross GCC Assembler". The tool is linked to a file type and in the preferences you can add filename wild cards to file types. The tool decides where to look for files where to put the compilation output.
This is why I made "Arduino C compiler" "Arduino C++ compiler" ....
This is a area I completely rewrote to get everything in 1 eclipse project. The sequence of processing the files is at least "mysterious" so I would not spend to much time trying to plug in assembly only using the gui.
Best regards
Jantje
Maybe, but it seems a shame the previous functionality (that just worked) has been removed. 
I agree it is removed functionality. Getting it to work in one project was a big pain. I had a real hard time and I was sometimes next to hopeless. So now 'm pleased it works. Not including the assembler was a small "cost". I see no reason why I could not add the assembler back in. Apart from
1) I have no test code.
2) I have no need.
Both are things you could help out with  smiley-cool

Best regards
Jantje

View Profile

I'm happy to help, but I should say I haven't written any Java for about 15 years!
PeterO

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30   Go Up
Jump to: