Thanks for the quick response Jante. I had been looking for release notes on the website but didn't see them. It's good to know where I can find them now.
This is the first time I have installed Eclipse and your Arduino Eclipse Extensions on this machine. I tried installing 1.2.0 (the latest version under the "Arduino" category when following the instructions to install the plug-in) but I got an error that some of the required java libraries couldn't be downloaded from your site. I found 1.2.3 under the "uncategorized" category and that's what appears to install correctly. When I ran into these problems I tried to uninstall and then install 1.2.2 but got a similar error to the 1.2.0 install that Eclipse couldn't download all the libraries from your site. Let me know if you want more details, but suffice to say it appears my only option is to install 1.2.3.
To reproduce the bug I'm seeing I do the following (on OS X Lion):
1. Install fresh Eclipse C++ Juno or Indigo package and the latest Arduino IDE (1.0.1)
2. Use Help->"Install New Software" to install Arduino Eclipse Extensions 1.2.3 from http://www.baeyens.it/eclipse/update
3. Restart Eclipse, as required.
4. Go to Eclipse->Preferences
5. Go to the Arduino->Arduino tab
6. Set the Arduino IDE path to /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java
7. Set the Private Library Path to /Users/dlouw/Documents/Arduino/Libraries
8. Click "Use Arduino IDE tools in eclipse"
9. Go to the Arduino->AVRDude tab
10. Click "Use custom configuration file for AVRDude"
11. Set the AVRDude config file path to "/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf"
12. Go to Arduino->Paths tab
13. Click "Disable search for system paths at startup" (though the problem remains if this is unclicked)
14. Click the "AVR-GCC" line in the table and click the "Edit..." button (same problem if I double click the row in the table)
Some form of dialog box pops up to let me set the value.
The button appears to click but then nothing happens. I get the same experience with all 5 of the settings in the table. If I try to cancel or navigate away from the page I get an error message that says "The currently displayed page contains invalid values".
(Not terribly interesting because nothing pops up)
Is there any logging I can enable to help?