Windows/Linux/Mac Eclipse plugin to compile and upload arduino sketches

you will have to open it with eclipse with java develoment and PDE plugin
Then it should automatically build
There is a project named "update site"
once it has build the project update site is you location to install te plugin.
you can zip that folder and send it to the other pc.
Good luck
Tell me when you have succeeded
Best regards
Jantje

You are a Star ! ! ! :slight_smile:

I am downloading now the java and when i finish i will update you :slight_smile:

Thank you very much again ! ! ! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
Tasos

Hello Dear Jantje,

Because i don't have make again (plugin create), and i don't have any experience of java, i will start find for tutorials and examples to understand how this working so i can make and this for me. :slight_smile:

I have the eclipse indigo, should i use this or i must download any other version or i can use - add plugin install ...

I am sorry if i have tired with my so many questions, i thing was something very simple, e.g. you open the file, select destination and type (e.g. zip or jar) and then build.

Thank you very much again my friend.

Kind regards,
Tasos

Hello again :slight_smile:

I didn't have too much time to get all the details i wish but i got a good progress

i was install everything on windows 7 32bit (before i have try this on a 64bit) and copy everything include and the workwspace folder i was start a new project and works 8)

The only thing is not working (and i would like to have it) is the autocomple code, do you know how to enable it ?

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,
Tasos

tasos
I hadn't thought about copying your eclipse environment. It looks like a good idea to solve your problem to me.
What do you mean with autocomple ?
If you mean: auto complete; I have no clue why it is not working.
If you mean: auto compile; Only the indexer auto compiles 'out of the box'. I have never looked into having real autocompile.

Best regards
jantje

Hi!

Thank you for a great plugin, it's the best.

I rescntly bought a new computer and i install Ubuntu 12.04 64bit, Eclipse Juno and your plugin. Now I have som problems when I write my "arduino code" in eclipse. After reading everthing I could find on the web I thought I maby could get some help here.

When i try to do pinMode(13, OUTPUT); eclipse tells me :

Invalid arguments '
Candidates are:
void pinMode(?, ?)
'
I have followed the install guide and tried to reinstall the plugin, but with no success. Please help me..... =(

maddmax
First of all: I never heard of something like this. My second thought is that your description is open to many interpretations. So please provide some more info.

For instance when you say "eclipse tells me" do you mean the indexer, in the console output or in the problem window?
I would like to see a screenshot of where you get the error. Preferably the whole eclipse window.
Have you seen this video? http://eclipse.baeyens.it/serial_demo.wmv it shows you how it works.
Which version of the eclipse plugin have you installed?
Probably unrelated: do you really need 64 bit eclipse? 32 bit has proven to be more stable.
Best regards
Jantje

Hi,

I´m having a problem with the plugin.
I followed the all tutorial and i have got a EEPROM example working (imported the EEPROM libraries etc...)

But When i trie to import the SPI libraries i get this error on building:

**** Build of configuration Release for project MCUUU ****

make all
Building file: C:/Program Files/arduino 1.0.2/libraries/SPI/SPI.cpp
Invoking: AVR C++ Compiler
avr-g++ -I../leonardo_test -I../MCUUU/Ethernet -D__IN_ECLIPSE__=1 -DARDUINO=102 -DUSB_PID= -DUSB_VID= -Wall -Os -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-exceptions -g -mmcu=atmega2560 -DF_CPU=16000000UL -MMD -MP -MF"SPI/SPI.d" -MT"SPI/SPI.d" -c -o "SPI/SPI.o" -x c++ "C:/Program Files/arduino 1.0.2/libraries/SPI/SPI.cpp"
C:/Program Files/arduino 1.0.2/libraries/SPI/SPI.cpp:11:26: error: pins_arduino.h: No such file or directory
In file included from C:/Program Files/arduino 1.0.2/libraries/SPI/SPI.cpp:12:
C:/Program Files/arduino 1.0.2/libraries/SPI/SPI.h:15:21: warning: Arduino.h: No such file or directory
In file included from C:/Program Files/arduino 1.0.2/libraries/SPI/SPI.cpp:12:
C:/Program Files/arduino 1.0.2/libraries/SPI/SPI.h:38: error: 'byte' does not name a type
C:/Program Files/arduino 1.0.2/libraries/SPI/SPI.h:55: error: 'byte' does not name a type
C:/Program Files/arduino 1.0.2/libraries/SPI/SPI.cpp: In static member function 'static void SPIClass::begin()':
C:/Program Files/arduino 1.0.2/libraries/SPI/SPI.cpp:19: error: 'SS' was not declared in this scope
C:/Program Files/arduino 1.0.2/libraries/SPI/SPI.cpp:19: error: 'HIGH' was not declared in this scope
C:/Program Files/arduino 1.0.2/libraries/SPI/SPI.cpp:19: error: 'digitalWrite' was not declared in this scope
C:/Program Files/arduino 1.0.2/libraries/SPI/SPI.cpp:24: error: 'OUTPUT' was not declared in this scope
C:/Program Files/arduino 1.0.2/libraries/SPI/SPI.cpp:24: error: 'pinMode' was not declared in this scope
C:/Program Files/arduino 1.0.2/libraries/SPI/SPI.cpp:38: error: 'SCK' was not declared in this scope
C:/Program Files/arduino 1.0.2/libraries/SPI/SPI.cpp:39: error: 'MOSI' was not declared in this scope
C:/Program Files/arduino 1.0.2/libraries/SPI/SPI.cpp: In static member function 'static void SPIClass::setBitOrder(uint8_t)':
C:/Program Files/arduino 1.0.2/libraries/SPI/SPI.cpp:49: error: 'LSBFIRST' was not declared in this scope
make: *** [SPI/SPI.o] Error 1

**** Build Finished ****

I post an image to so you can see the project construction.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7216207/eclipse.JPG

Can someone help with this problem?

Regards

Hi
There is something wrong with your include path. I also see you are not running the latest version of the eclipse plugin.
When there is something wrong with the include path there may be several reasons. If you are new to all the easiest thing to do is to create a new project.
Best regards
Jantje

Hi Jantle,

I made new instalation of Eclipse, everything new and latest versions.

At the moment i have already created examples with SPI that are working, using the core SPI library.

I created one Ethernet test (equal to the Webclient exampli from arduino, no alterations), that uses SPI Ethernet libraries.
When i build the project i get this error:

**** Build of configuration Release for project ETHERNET_test ****

make all
Building file: C:/Program Files/arduino 1.0.2/libraries/Ethernet/Dhcp.cpp
Invoking: AVR C++ Compiler
avr-g++ -I"C:\Program Files\arduino 1.0.2\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino" -I"C:\Program Files\arduino 1.0.2\hardware\arduino\variants\mega" -I"E:\LMIT HW Energia\Wisebox\Eclipse-Arduino\ETHERNET_test" -I"C:\Program Files\arduino 1.0.2\libraries\Ethernet" -I"C:\Program Files\arduino 1.0.2\libraries\SPI" -D__IN_ECLIPSE__=1 -DUSB_VID= -DUSB_PID= -DARDUINO=102 -Wall -Os -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-exceptions -g -mmcu=atmega2560 -DF_CPU=16000000UL -MMD -MP -MF"Ethernet/Dhcp.d" -MT"Ethernet/Dhcp.d" -c -o "Ethernet/Dhcp.o" -x c++ "C:/Program Files/arduino 1.0.2/libraries/Ethernet/Dhcp.cpp"
C:/Program Files/arduino 1.0.2/libraries/Ethernet/Dhcp.cpp:4:19: error: w5100.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [Ethernet/Dhcp.o] Error 1

**** Build Finished ****

Do you have any idea what might be the problem?

LuisSoares:

http://eclipse.baeyens.it/Arduino%20eclipse%20plugin%20FAQ.htm#wire

The wire library also contains a include library. Due to "not top quality code of the wire library" a project using the wire lbrary also needs to include the utility folder. The same problem exists for ethernet and SD libraries.
From version 1.3 onwards libraries containing an utility subfolder also have the utility subfolder added to the include path.

I have been doing some tries, to add the utility to the include path.
But i haven´t got any luck.

Can you explain me the correct process for adding the utility subfolder to the include path in eclipse?

LuisSoares:
Can you explain me the correct process for adding the utility subfolder to the include path in eclipse?

You need to go into your project properties (right click the project and select properties)
There you can go to this window and add the utility subfolders to the "GNU C" and "GNU C++" languages

Best regards
Jantje

PS note you will see other values. That is perfectly normal.

Solved.

I had forgot to include the path in the GNU C++. Only included it in the GNU C.

Thank you

Hi Jantle,

As I explained on this topic http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,86344.0.html I'm having problems compiling Wire library.

This is the message I get from the compiler console:

/Applications/Arduino1.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c:115: error: conflicting types for 'twi_readFrom'
/Applications/Arduino1.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.h:45: error: previous declaration of 'twi_readFrom' was here
/Applications/Arduino1.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c:192: error: conflicting types for 'twi_writeTo'
/Applications/Arduino1.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.h:46: error: previous declaration of 'twi_writeTo' was here

Do you have any hint to help me?
Many thanks in advance.

Jantje:

LuisSoares:

This page has been moved

Jantje,

I downloaded "twi.h" from Arduino issue #791 Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting. .

I still didn't manage to compile my code and the error is the same I posted above.

Is there any more step to follow? I really enjoy your Eclipse plugin but since I need to compile Wire library, I don't know what to do...

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks.

Hi Jantje,

I had the same problem as Globe.

When compiling the libraries i got the following errors:

**** Build of configuration Release for project ETHERNET_Test ****

make all 
Building file: C:/Program Files/arduino 1.0.2/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c
Invoking: AVR Compiler
avr-gcc -I"C:\Program Files\arduino 1.0.2\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino" -I"C:\Program Files\arduino 1.0.2\hardware\arduino\variants\mega" -I"C:\Program Files\arduino 1.0.2\libraries\Ethernet\utility" -I"C:\Program Files\arduino 1.0.2\libraries\Ethernet" -I"C:\Program Files\arduino 1.0.2\libraries\SPI" -I"C:\Program Files\arduino 1.0.2\libraries\Wire" -I"C:\Program Files\arduino 1.0.2\libraries\Wire\utility" -D__IN_ECLIPSE__=1 -DARDUINO=102 -DUSB_PID= -DUSB_VID= -Wall -Os -g -mmcu=atmega2560 -DF_CPU=16000000UL -MMD -MP -MF"Wire/utility/twi.d" -MT"Wire/utility/twi.d"  -c -o "Wire/utility/twi.o" "C:/Program Files/arduino 1.0.2/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c"
C:/Program Files/arduino 1.0.2/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c:115: error: conflicting types for 'twi_readFrom'
C:/Program Files/arduino 1.0.2/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.h:45: error: previous declaration of 'twi_readFrom' was here
C:/Program Files/arduino 1.0.2/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c:192: error: conflicting types for 'twi_writeTo'
C:/Program Files/arduino 1.0.2/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.h:46: error: previous declaration of 'twi_writeTo' was here
make: *** [Wire/utility/twi.o] Error 1

**** Build Finished ****

LuisSoares
I see you use arduino 1.0.2. I never tested with this version.
Can you try with arduino 1.0.1?
Best regards
Jantje

Jantje:
LuisSoares
I see you use arduino 1.0.2. I never tested with this version.
Can you try with arduino 1.0.1?
Best regards
Jantje

I believe the issue will remain... I have the same problem as LuisSoares and I'm using arduino 1.0.1.