Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino Nano and PWM pins  (Read 7519 times)
USA
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I have some confusion about PWM pins given the information from your page: http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardNano 
There, in the Input and Output section it says, "PWM: 3, 5, 6, 9, 10, and 11. Provide 8-bit PWM output with the analogWrite() function." However, pin 3 is Reset.
In the bullet points above and below the word 'pins' were used to describe other functions. But if that is so, for the Nano 3.0 at least, that has to be wrong.
Are they there, unlike the bullets just above and below, talking about D3,D5,D6, etc instead? I am very new to Arduino and am planning to start with the latest Nano 3.0 version.
But I want to sketch out my circuits completely before purchasing it.

ALSO: On the http://arduino.cc/en/Reference/AnalogWrite page, mentions "On most Arduino boards (those with the ATmega168 or ATmega328), this function works on pins 3, 5, 6, 9, 10, and 11." It does show that the Mega is different. But nothing about the Nano 3. It also mentions in the Notes and Known Issues section that "pins 5 and 6 will have higher-than-expected duty cycles", is this STILL true for the Nano v3?

I think that the information has just not been updated on the original web site pages to reflect the differences in the Nano pin numbering. Or did I miss something? help!

Thanks beforehand for your future responses

Massachusetts, USA
Tesla Member
View Profile

When they use the pin numbers in "PWM: 3, 5, 6, 9, 10, and 11. Provide 8-bit PWM output with the analogWrite() function." they are referencing the "14  digital pins" labeled D0 through D13.  Same for "External Interrupts: 2 and 3." and "SPI: 10 (SS), 11 (MOSI), 12 (MISO), 13 (SCK)." and "LED: 13."

Similarly in the section about the "8 analog inputs" they are talking of A4 and A5 when they say "I2C: 4 (SDA) and 5 (SCL)."

Send Bitcoin tips to: 1L3CTDoTgrXNA5WyF77uWqt4gUdye9mezN
Send Litecoin tips to : LVtpaq6JgJAZwvnVq3ftVeHafWkcpmuR1e

USA
View Profile

Great, thanks!

I still wonder about the D5 and D6 PWM outputs being higher than expected - whether that is true for the Atmel 328 used in the Nano v3.
But at least I'll be able to map out my I/O pin on the schematic correctly!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: