Go Down

Topic: Arduino Project Board for Students (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

MiB1986

Thankyou to all have replied,

Thankyou for your help in the right direction CycleGadet, I will look into this, i read this somewhere before although when i copied and pasted the uno below and changed the title of the board, it had no effect. Maybe i did it wrong i will read again and try again :) The test points is something i considered already but mainly for fault finding in manufacturing maybe i can make use of them for learning also.

Cr0sh, thankyou for your comments,

I am not entirely against the idea of a shield although my project specifies that it should be a completely new board.

Please keep the comments coming i am open minded and appreciate all comments being postive or negative, ideally i would like to hear from lecturers about what sort of things they would want to be teaching students about how to address in programming. I.e what inputs and outputs would be a solid starting ground.

Kindest Regards
Martyn

MiB1986

Just been informed a shield may not be out of the question, so i am still open to more ideas.

Without the need for a microprocessor on the shield i may have more room to do more things...

I did originally like the idea of a all-in-one although the shield does seem to generate more interest so am interested to hear about what people would want from a shield.

Kindest Regards
Martyn

MiB1986

To help me push things along please can you comment which method for students to learn you prefer or preferred when learning. I.e which output would help you learn, switching an LED on one after the other in a knight rider effect for example.

For example LED's or Sound or Motion

I always worked better with learning from light outputs anyone have any different opinions?

Kindest Regards
Martyn

madworm

Making something blink is always nice! And having a lot of LEDs (or at least outputs that can drive LEDs) is very helpful for debugging as well. Especially if you don't have a logic analyzer at hand all the time.

And that leads to I/O expanders / shift registers and I²C / SPI communication. Good to know about that.
• Upload doesn't work? Do a loop-back test.
• There's absolutely NO excuse for not having an ISP!
• Your AVR needs a brain surgery? Use the online FUSE calculator.
My projects: RGB LED matrix, RGB LED ring, various ATtiny gadgets...
• Microsoft is not the answer. It is the question, and the answer is NO!

MiB1986

Hello,

I do agree making something blink for me or LED's chase in sequence has always been a nice feeling of control and power and a great boost in confidence to tackle the next challenge.

I think i can be certain LED's will feature on my board although the amount is yet to be decided, maybe i could feature alot of display techniques, such as dot matrix displays, LCD, LED etc...

Kindest Regards
Martyn

Go Up