Go Down

Topic: UNO Help Changing USB Device (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

blacksanta_69

Oct 01, 2010, 07:06 pm Last Edit: Oct 01, 2010, 07:08 pm by blacksanta_69 Reason: 1
Perhaps I'm too anxious: I picked up my UNO yesterday and I stayed up until 3 a.m. trying to find literature on how to reprogram it as a mouse device. Either there is nothing out there, or I'm looking for the absolutely wrong thing. I'm just itching to make this work as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, I have no idea where to begin; all I can find is the not-so-helpful suggestion, "advanced users can turn it into a different kind of USB device...".  ::)

I've been playing with arduino off and on for a few years - I can't believe everyone else isn't as excited about this as I am. Why isn't everyone banging out tutorials on how to make arduino mice with the UNO's capabilities?

I'm not at all opposed to learning and putting in the effort - sometimes I need some help finding the start point. :)

Does anyone have an suggestions for where I can start? Is LUFA the place to begin?

**edit** I considered putting this under FAQ because it's the only question I can possibly imagine anyone having about the UNO ;)

wortelsoft

Think that lufa is the place to start looking for clues.

ant.b

Oct 01, 2010, 10:33 pm Last Edit: Oct 01, 2010, 10:37 pm by ant.b Reason: 1

blacksanta_69

Thanks wortelsoft. I'll have a look at both and see if I can get anything happening.

ant.b, that's very helpful. Thanks!

Has anyone gotten their Arduino UNO to behave like a mouse using this approach?

sxdemon

Oct 03, 2010, 06:21 am Last Edit: Oct 03, 2010, 06:22 am by kraig Reason: 1
not yet.

ant.b

I have updated my last post with an example of an usb-joystick for arduino uno.
You can easily adapt this to get a mouse (use LUFA_100807\Demos\Device\ClassDriver\Mouse)

blacksanta_69

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy