Go Down

Topic: 10 pin straight connector for ribbon cable? (Read 700 times) previous topic - next topic

winner10920

Does anyone know of a place that sells 10pin straight connectors for ribbon cable? Or a premade piece like 3in?
I can't seem to find anything other than 5x2
I could use multiple 5 pin but I would really like a 10pin connector, I even looked on manufacturer website like molex trying to find it

PeterH

The only 10-pin 0.1" header connector I remember seeing was two rows of 5 pins in a solid plug. I guess you want 10 pins in a line. I've never seen that. I guess you could superglue two 5-pin plugs together? It'd need a keen eye to spot the join.
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

winner10920

That's probably what I will end up doing but I can't believe how hard it is to find such a thing,

Runaway Pancake

Ribbon cable is on 0.05in centres, but there is, less commonly, 0.1in ribbon cable.
Anyway, the 0.05in was made for the IDC/2-row regime.
There are available 0.1in shells available - Molex "C-Grid".  They are my favourite.  You have to buy the shells, and the contacts (there are female contacts and male pins, too), and a crimping tool.
"Hello, I must be going..."
"You gotta fight -- for your right -- to party!"
Don't react - Read.
"Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?"

Go Up