Go Down

Topic: Arduino interfacing with mobile phones (Read 745 times) previous topic - next topic

Is it possible to save money to buy a GSM/GPRS modem by having a connection to a mobile phone to send AT commands? How to actually bring out their RX and TX pins in a phone (Nokia preferred)?
arduino-freelancer.blogspot.com

D3C3PT1C0N

i think it is quite complicated to make communication between cellphone RX/TX to Arduino RX/TX

spumanti

Have a look at http://code.google.com/p/sserial2mobile/
-- library for 'speaking' to a motorola phone by using AT commands.

I have an old SonyEricsson z600 that I was using in a project.
Using the above library, i was able to send SMS messages and read phone status etc.

Nokia phones might work - have not tested it.
However, you should try using an older phone, eg. the Motorola in the example, or an old SonyEricsson phone, as they have standard RX/TX pins in the connector.
Newer phones tend to have USB only, making them impossible (or very hard) to talk to with the arduino.

I think I read somewhere that there is Rx/Tx available on nokia phones (usually hidden behind the battery somewhere), but it may not be possible to use AT commands to talk to the phone that way.

Have fun!  :)

sbright33

I'm sending AT commands to a RAZR with a USB Host Shield.  Google Circuitsathome RAZR.
If you fall... I'll be there for you!
-Floor

Skype Brighteyes3333
(262) 696-9619

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy