Go Down

Topic: hc-06 current consumption measurment (Read 483 times) previous topic - next topic

zyma_2

Hello everyone,
I have been working on my project with the HC-06 Bluetooth device and was trying to get the current consumption of the device but it´s kind of wierd what am getting on the oscilloskop. am trying to understand what the bluetooth is doing I uploaded some photos and would really appreciate it if u can help me to understand them.

zyma_2

Hello everyone,
I have been working with the HC-06 Bluetooth device and was trying to get the current consumption of the device. can any one help me and tell me how can I measure the current consumption of the device.
I would really appreciate any help

Nick_Pyner

Check the datasheets. I think it is 8ma running. If current consumption is a matter of interest, I guess you shouldn't be using an HC-06. The options are, a BLE device, or perhaps an HC-05 bare module with the LED disconnected.

JimboZA

You measure the current consumption of anything by breaking the circuit and sticking your ammeter in the gap: ie, the meter must be in series so that the current the device draws is the same as the current through the meter.

Trick is not to blow the meter if the current is too high, so make sure the meter leads are in the holes for a value higher than you anticipate, with the meter dial on an appropriate setting, and work your way down to get the right order of magnitude.

Nick Gammon

Jan 22, 2015, 07:31 am Last Edit: Jan 22, 2015, 07:33 am by Nick Gammon
Please do not cross-post. This wastes time and resources as people attempt to answer your question on multiple threads.

Threads merged.

Please post technical questions on the forum, not by personal message. Thanks!

More info:
http://www.gammon.com.au/electronics

JimboZA

Hm, well after the merge and with the 'scope traces surely your question is different: 'scopes show voltage not current, so is your question to do with volts or amps?

zyma_2

am trying to get my current through reading the voltage on the scope cause I have a known resistor value on my supply voltage, I tried to do it with ammeter but the value is fluctuating so i can´t get agood reading

JimboZA

Maybe you need one of those meters with a "max" function (not sure what that's actually called?) that would show the peak obtained while connected.

N_P thinks about 8mA based on datasheets.  That's a 1/3 or so what you would typically get through an LED, but why is this a concern?

pito

My HC-05:
40mA when pairing
20mA when paired
2mA when sleeping

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy