Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: flex, Interactive Wall  (Read 514 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWIrCron-N0[/media]
also available in

Last semester I took an architecture elective class where we had to design and build an 8ft section of wall. My professor introduced me to arduino. We ran with it and created flex. It's powered by 3 Arduinos, 5 Maxbotix LV-EZ3 Proximity Sensors, 12 servos and 2 tlc5940's that control 32 high power led drivers that power 64 3 watt LEDs for RGBW color mixing.

For more details visit our project blog at http://digitalwall2010.blogspot.com

Canada
Arduino rocks
View Profile

That's quite cool!
It's hard to see the walls moving in the video, but I imagine it's waay more noticeable in person.

I also found it interesting that you used a breadboard on the control box. Easier than soldering, but it's still hidden away and works with the layout.

I've been reading the forum for a while now; but I decided to be more vocal and start commenting on the awesome stuff that people do!   smiley-grin

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Yeah. the flex is much more noticeable in person. It startled quite a few people when they walked up to it. Unfortunately I didn't get they're reactions on film.  

I want to try and get the wall to flex even more so I bought some springs to experiment with  this week and see if I can come up with something better than the paddles.  they're a bit clunky.

Using breadboard means I can easily make changes to the wiring as I get new ideas. This summer I hope to have some time to refine the project. I spent today learning how to use Processing to analyze music and hopefully soon I'll get the wall moving to a beat!

New York
Edison Member
E != m*c^2
View Profile

Cool stuff. Loving the water-bottle counterweight smiley-wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: