I'm new to arduinos and am trying to burn the boot loader onto a breadboard (atmega328) as defined in the tutorial...http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ArduinoToBreadboard
and using the Duemilanove, as defined in the tutorial....
I keep getting the error:
"avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x15"
and have tried everything I can think of to make it work, including:
1) making sure I'm using the right "ftdi" drivers,
2) resetting it myself manually
3) disabling reset as suggested in a troubleshooting guide I found (disabling with 110ohm resistor tied from vcc to reset pin), although I think it was discussing downloading to a arduino...
4) trying another atmega328...
5) making sure my breadboard is setup correctly...
6) the thing I notice when setting up a scope is, never see the reset pulled low....I thought that was supposed to happen first. I'm not sure if that's an issue or not....I haven't tried with logic analyzer to see if it's going low or not. Maybe the scope isn't catching it, cuz it's too fast.
6) I have NOT tried using the absolute minimal configuration (i.e. no clock signal)....
7) BTW, my setup is a macpro os X lion. I've also tried it with leopard with the same issues, haven't tried windows yet.
I'm out of ideas, any suggestions, much appreciated.