Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduinolyzer: Arduino Logic Analyzer  (Read 3118 times)
Faraday Member
20 LEDs are enough
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I'll put it on my project list. This does not imply that I will start it anytime soon. But maybe later ...  The main issue is that KS0108 takes way to many pins.

Udo
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 12:43:01 am by udoklein » Logged

Check out my experiments http://blog.blinkenlight.net

Phoenix, Arizona USA
Faraday Member
Where's the beer?
View Profile

I'll put it on my project list. This does not imply that I will start it anytime soon. But maybe later ...  The main issue is that KS0108 takes way to many pins.

I am not asking -you- necessarily to do this; just that I think it would be an interesting project for someone to take on. While your expertise in the existing code is a foundation, I don't mean to imply that I think only you could do it, or that you must do it at some point. If I had the time myself, I would tackle it (and I may yet still, who knows?).

As far as the KS0108 taking up extra pins, from what I have seen, it should be possible to make an Arduino (well, as an embedded ATMega) control the KS0108 using a library, and communicate the control protocol to it over SPI or I2C. I believe there are enough pins left over for such an interface, or even a simple bit-bang serial port.

One ATMega would handle the sampling, one would handle the screen/graphic rendering, and perhaps a third would handle user input (to leave the first with as much RAM as possible for the sample buffer).

smiley

I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

Faraday Member
20 LEDs are enough
View Profile

Expertise with my code is not really needed. It just fills a 1k buffer. However I would not use two processors. Either a bigger CPU with more pins or a serial LCD should be used. Anything else is just complicating matters in my opinion. Once additional chips come into play DRAM and counters come to mind. But then it would immediately become just another logic analyzer project.

Udo

Check out my experiments http://blog.blinkenlight.net

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: