Go Down

Topic: fingerprint home access system w/ info lcd and sms (Read 724 times) previous topic - next topic

sleekmountaincat

hello,

i was a total beginner to electronics and the diy/hack/mod scene and was interested in learning, so for the past two months i have been working on and almost completed a fingerprint home access system, with a 4*20 info lcd and text message alerts when users unlock the door. its a mix of arduino, processing, php, and python built on linux, apache and mysql. i have tried to document the process and have videos, screenshots, very crappy schematics, etc. i was wondering if people would be interested in a write up and maybe where a good place is to post this kind of stuff, aside from make and instructables.  thanks for the input!

chris

mrfusion

spumanti

Yeah, it would be nice to see some info on your project :)

I'm in the process of building a system which also incoorporates SMS alarms and a display, so if I could see how you handle the texting, that would be great.

raron

...its a mix of arduino, processing, php, and python built on linux, apache and mysql

Sounds pretty advanced!  I'd love to take a peek at it too :)
As for where to post this kind of stuff I don't really know, seems like putting it up on a blog is the thing to do? (I've only done that once though).

Go Up