FPV Car using Logitech steering wheel and pedals

Hi.

I'm trying to build a short-range (for now) first person view rc car. I like the Mega board because of its expandability, so i'll probably go with that. there are plenty of cheap FPV setups out there for rc cars and planes so I can take care of that. I don't think i'll need an h-bridge because i'll probably just use an rc speed controller and I'm pretty sure I can just use a servo output on the mega for that. I want to be able to run it outside with a line of sight range of 100 yards or so (or more depending on $$). I've seen the Xbee and the WiFly but i havent looked at the capabilities because i dont really know what is required to run servos.

I guess my first question is what type of wireless setup should I use for this? Or, what are the options out there that are somewhat affordable? I'm looking for something with decent range and the ability to control a bunch of servos.

How difficult is it to write the code for the steering wheel? I would like to have pretty high resolution, not just full left or full right. Same thing with the pedals.

Thanks!

Sounds like you would just adapt the big wheel and peddles to a standard rc transmitter.

because i dont really know what is required to run servos.

A byte sized value - where to position the servo.

I guess my first question is what type of wireless setup should I use for this? Or, what are the options out there that are somewhat affordable?

You want easy-to-use and reliable, or cheap?

I'm looking for something with decent range and the ability to control a bunch of servos.

If you are talking about cell phones, "decent" range is one thing. Satellite phones have a different "decent" range. Define what you mean by "decent" range, then we can discuss options that have that range.

Is a "bunch of servos" like a bunch of bananas. Specific values, like 8 servos that get new values every 10 ms, are much more useful than "I need to control a bunch of servos once in a while".

Thanks for the reply.

You want easy-to-use and reliable, or cheap?

reliable and easy but can you give me an example or two of both?

Specific values, like 8 servos that get new values every 10 ms, are much more useful than "I need to control a bunch of servos once in a while".

This project has minimal requirement so I'll refer to my next planned project of a wireless humanoid with movement similar to this: http://www.robotis-shop-en.com/shop/step1.php?number=916

I realize this robot does not use regular RC servos.

I guess I can figure out the resolution of control I can afford after I get some ideas for wireless data transmission.