Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Author Topic: Increase Stepper Motor Speed  (Read 8330 times)
florida
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

im going to pull it all apart and try again fresh and just to be clear do i make the common part of the breadboard (where i have the power source wired too)the negative for everything or is there a different negative is should connect everything too. i am learning the hard way i should have had this all planed out first.

Manchester (England England)
Brattain Member
Solder is electric glue
View Profile

All the grounds (negatives ) must be connected together so there is a path for the current. See this:-
http://www.thebox.myzen.co.uk/Tutorial/Power_Supplies.html

florida
View Profile

i hooked up a rotary encoder using an awful bouncy program and that seemed to work (not good program cheap encoder) the motor went back and forward depending on how you turned the encoder.i don't like the motion of it though, that is why i wanted to try the pot. i have also got the motor to move 200 steps forward and 200 back. so i think the problem must be either i have a 3 bad pot or they are not the correct ones i need for the motor. or the program is no good. or i am not connecting the pot correctly.

Brattain Member
Solder is electric glue
View Profile

So how are you going to eliminate the things you have right?
Start off by printing the values you read from the pot and see if they match what you think they should.

florida
View Profile

that sounds like a good idea how do i do that i also think i was checking the voltage for the motor at the wrong spot i was checking right off the power supply.

Canada
Code Monkey
View Profile

that sounds like a good idea how do i do that i also think i was checking the voltage for the motor at the wrong spot i was checking right off the power supply.

A lot of people do "printf" debugging using the serial console -- output the values you have to the serial port and listen with the Arduino serial monitor. With clever #defines you can leave this code in controlled by a compile switch.

I yield() for co-routines.

Brattain Member
Solder is electric glue
View Profile

A lot of people do "printf" debugging using the serial console
Well I was thinking more of just Serial.print("here"), to see the code has reached a certain point or  Serial.println(val) to see what a variable's (in this case called val ) value is.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Jump to: