Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: TV remote + IR Receiver + Arduino = MIDI controller for Ableton Live  (Read 1354 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello... I've recently had some luck with some arduino projects and am now looking to do something more functional.

i have an old TV set remote control, and an infrared receiver... I'd like to be able to point my remote at the arduino, push a button, and have it so that the arduino knows what button was pushed and sends a MIDI signal through the USB and into my audio program of choice to be used as a MIDI controller.

I'd just like a nudge in the right direction.

i've found info on outputting MIDI data through a standard midi port, into a midi device... but thats not what i want to do.

haven't really found anything on how to send MIDI data directly to the computer from an arduino.

View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

alright... since no one responded to my post so far, i continued to research ways to do this... so far, i found this page which elaborates on how to set up the arduino for midi signals being sent through the serial USB connection...

https://sites.google.com/site/bharatbhushankonka/home/diy-midi-over-usb-using-arduino-uno

with that, i was able to set up the arduino to send the midi signals...

also, I've found a good page for getting the IR signals from infra red remote controls to use with the arduino...

http://www.arcfn.com/2009/08/multi-protocol-infrared-remote-library.html

now that i have these, i am sure that it is possible to get the IR signals to use with the arduino...

what i should be asking at this point is how do i have it so that when a certain IR signal comes in, a MIDI output is sent through the serial connection.

I'll look elsewhere on the forum and online for an answer in the meantime, but any help would be appreciated.

THANKS!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: