Go Down

Topic: (Windows) Packaging the arduino app with custom libraries and sketchbook (Read 682 times) previous topic - next topic

lloudermilk

Hello all,
I'm interested in packaging the Arduino app with a custom sketchbook and library set that works without the receiver of the package having to do any editing of preferences. I would like a user be able to unzip the package I create, open the arduino app for the first time, and have their sketchbook and libraries listed and ready to upload.
For the Mac version of the Arduino app I found this fairly simple as all the necessary files to be included are in the "package contents" of the app. However, I run into the issue with the Windows version where the preferences.txt file in AppData/Roaming/Arduino is essential to changing the sketchbook directory yet is not created until after the app opens for the first time. I have tried altering the preferences.txt file in the lib folder but that doesn't seem to work.
Is there a way to include the preferences.txt file in AppData in the package that I want to distribute?

Thanks,

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy