Go Down

Topic: Video installation with sensor (Read 6 times) previous topic - next topic

ProfAnita

HI: Could you please post the code for the video out? I'm working on a sound unit to play when a viewer crosses a sensor. And, what kind of sensor are you using? IR? Any suggestions? Thanks kindly, :)

bngllghr

Hi ProfAnita,

Only just revisited this post so not sure if it's still relevant to you ... but, the code I was using also had audio (which I didn't post because mine was silent). I can post it if helpful, so that you can take out the bits that apply to you. Alternatively, I ended up using a relay switch to trigger a DVD player when the viewer passed a sensor. It was a bit clumsy for my installation (since there was a symbol from the DVD player that appeared in the projection whenever the switch was triggered), but since yours is purely audio, this might be a good workaround for you.

bngllghr

Also, thanks to all those that posted replies. I've been using MaxMSP for the past few months and only really tried Processing once before but feel I want to learn to code, so am getting into Processing alongside learning C++. Just wanted to say how great it is that this is available open source.

Go Up