Go Down

Topic: Need help From UK folks finding UK-only parts (Read 647 times) previous topic - next topic


Dec 06, 2011, 10:59 pm Last Edit: Dec 06, 2011, 11:14 pm by liudr Reason: 1
I am looking for small quantities of British Telecom Analog (BTA) left and right hand sockets (receptacle) to connect to some sensors with the corresponding plugs:


The first two pin-out diagrams depict how the two plugs of opposite handedness are used. I looked in a lot of places including ebay and ebay.uk and farnell. I am just not finding them. I figured I must have used the wrong name when searching. If I try to search American phone jacks in digikey I probably won't go very far compared with keyword RJ11.

A cable looks like this:


So for someone in UK, what do you call these plugs and connectors?
Where do you buy these connectors?
Where to buy them in US?

Big thanks!
Serial LCD keypad panel,phi_prompt user interface library,SDI-12 USB Adapter


Is this the one:

If you are desperate to have them in small quantities, just order the samples. Probably maximum 10 pieces. Just don't abuse the sample service, they'll get pissed soon after that.  :D

And another same alternative:


Do you need the raw connectors?  If not, perhaps a UK to US phone adapter would work:

Send Bitcoin tips to: 1G2qoGwMRXx8az71DVP1E81jShxtbSh5Hp


Thanks guys! FYI, I am looking for jacks not plugs.

Here is one I found:


Strange how the pins are bent towards the jack's opening?! Any regular ones like this?

Serial LCD keypad panel,phi_prompt user interface library,SDI-12 USB Adapter

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131