Go Down

Topic: Arduino and windows tablets (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

Ran Talbott

They are the first real computer tablets

I beg to differ: I have Fujitsu Stylistics (among others) from the late 1990s with real Pentium CPUs and standard PC-compatible chipsets.  They ran the Windoze and Linux systems of the time, and are still useful as embedded PCs (though they're not up to supporting today's feature-heavy desktop environments).

They're definitely "real computers".

liudr

Yeah, right. There's more, such as motion computing's tablets running xp etc. Those were out of average computer user's price range. I was carried away by the arguments.

cr0sh

They are the first real computer tablets

I beg to differ: I have Fujitsu Stylistics (among others) from the late 1990s with real Pentium CPUs and standard PC-compatible chipsets.  They ran the Windoze and Linux systems of the time, and are still useful as embedded PCs (though they're not up to supporting today's feature-heavy desktop environments).

They're definitely "real computers".

You still haven't gotten rid of those? ;)

Going back a bit further, there was the "Grid" tablets (late 80s or early 90s? Maybe mid 90's...don't remember).
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

liudr

Just read about google's chromebooks. Cloud computing terminals claim to be the next new thing. You probably subscribe to it instead of buying it up right. Have they been on cheap meds?! What's wrong with them making such a worthless device? I bet they don't have arduino IDE web browser app on it.

guardian of light

Running a tegra 2 android honeycomb tab. Definitely not a toy. Holds my entire library of books (only 200ish), couple gigs off movies/music, runs my circuit simulation software, electronics calculators, word processing, packet sniffer, and  runs minecraft smoothly (better with ext keyboard and mouse.)

Highly recommended, the two day battery life means I only use my laptop for arduino. So hopefully an android port comes soon (this is being worked on, as avr-dude has already been ported, apparently)
Entrepreneurship, Arduino, Ham Radio & General Wannabe Hackery

http://insapio.com/
Twtr: @mltd_alexander

Go Up