Go Down

Topic: Is it possible / was it done ? -> Subtitles over VGA / HDMI video (Read 2485 times) previous topic - next topic

deshi

You could try modifying a NeTV. It overlays information over HDMI video without breaking DMCA (should be checked with legal though). If you want to overlay, you just need to learn to write applications for NeTV: it's an overlay solution for HDMI (even HDCP encrypted).

http://www.bunniestudios.com/blog/?cat=17

Boffin1

I made this as an early Arduino project, and it was only with lots of patient help from the big5 on the forum that I got it going. ( thanks guys )

I could compress the text to repeat 10 or more times across the screen without losing definition.

I stored each lines info  ( or several lines repeated to make the blocks ) during the horizontal flyback and first part of the trace, into 2 parallel in / serial out registers, which I read out to make the video signals to add to the video.

Obviously it was all syncd to the H and V pulses on the vga lead.

I chuckle when I think of how I got this going ( no arrays, or anything clever ) and look at my code ............

Check the picture of the leopard watching the mouse steal his meat !

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy