Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: ARDUINO 1.0 Error Compilling  (Read 1255 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

More sketches from ARDUINO 0.22 cannot  ARDUINO 0.1 compile.
CapsenseMatrix  ARDUINO 0.22  compilling no problem ,but CapsenseMatrix  ARDUINO 1.0 Error compilling...

What shall I do?
Errors:
==========================================================================
In file included from C:\arduino-1.0\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:212,
                 from CapsenseMatrix.cpp:12:
C:\arduino-1.0\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/pins_arduino.h:48:1: warning: "TIMER5A" redefined
In file included from CapsenseMatrix.cpp:12:
C:\arduino-1.0\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:181:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
In file included from C:\arduino-1.0\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:212,
C:\arduino-1.0\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/pins_arduino.h:49:1: warning: "TIMER5B" redefined
C:\arduino-1.0\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:182:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
C:\arduino-1.0\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/pins_arduino.h:50:1: warning: "TIMER5C" redefined
C:\arduino-1.0\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:183:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
C:\arduino-1.0\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:199: error: default argument given for parameter 3 of 'long unsigned int pulseIn(uint8_t, uint8_t, long unsigned int)'
C:\arduino-1.0\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:108: error: after previous specification in 'long unsigned int pulseIn(uint8_t, uint8_t, long unsigned int)'
C:\arduino-1.0\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:201: error: default argument given for parameter 3 of 'void tone(uint8_t, unsigned int, long unsigned int)'
C:\arduino-1.0\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/WProgram.h:24: error: after previous specification in 'void tone(uint8_t, unsigned int, long unsigned int)'

Forum Administrator
Cambridge, MA
Faraday Member
View Profile

Hi, many Arduino libraries will likely require small updates to make them compatible with Arduino 1.0.  It shouldn't require any large code changes or rewrites, but the small adjustments are probably easiest for the original library author to make.  You might try contacting the author of the library and ask if they can update it for Arduino 1.0.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

If that is the case, surely the libraries should have been left out of the new version, until they could be updated. And a warning of this should have been posted. Now I know I will go back to my previous version.  Ernie Ernie

Spain
LED
View Profile

surely the libraries should have been left out of the new version
You got it wrong. Libraries included with Arduino 1.0 obviously are up to date. He was talking about 3rd party libraries.

What is CapsensMatrix? A library? A sketch?
I can only find a library called CapSense, and it is updated for 1.0: CapSense04

Arduino Uno (R2fix) / Duemilanove (328p)
Ethernet Shield SD (v5)

View Profile

Many Thanks Razorblade for help, my sketch using Capsense04 library compilled ARDUINO1.0 with no errors!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 05:53:19 am by seniorpuchov » Logged

Dallas, TX USA
Edison Member
View Profile

surely the libraries should have been left out of the new version
You got it wrong. Libraries included with Arduino 1.0 obviously are up to date. He was talking about 3rd party libraries.

I guess it depends on what the definition of "included" means.
Whether it means provided with the IDE tools or wither it means included in the users sketch build.

An interesting thought is that the IDE could have been made smart enough to "notice" or detect
older pre 1.0 libraries by looking for things like the use of "WProgram.h" and issue a warning/error to the user rather
than let them see a string of compiler errors wondering what went wrong.

--- bill

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: