Go Down

Topic: Bluetooth module HC-06 not working with voice recognition (Read 127 times) previous topic - next topic

EmilyBE

Hello. I've recently been working on a Arduino project that focus on using voice commands to make a small car move, for this purpose, I've been trying to make some tests like having the Bluetooth module light some LEDs for me when it recognizes my voice, but none of the codes I've tried on several website and tutorials are working for me, the Bluetooth module doesn't react at all to the voice commands  :(

I've tried using the following code + SoftwareSerial library

Code: [Select]
#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

SoftwareSerial bt(10, 11);

void setup(){
  Serial.begin(9600);
  bt.begin(38400);
  Serial.println("Configuracion");
}

void loop(){
  if (bt.available())
    Serial.write(bt.read());
  if (Serial.available())
    bt.write(Serial.read());
}

However, this was originally just a small test code among many other to check if the
bluetooth module reacted to my voice commands, but it doesn't recognize anything at all. I have also tried several android apps for voice recognition. The HC-06 module works and connects to my phone, but the arduino doesn't seem to recognize any voice input at all.

I'm using Arduino 1.6.5

It is definitely something that has to do with the module itself. I have also tried several other codes using the RX/TX serial ports but no luck at all. Any help on what it could be?

jremington

Can you post a link to the voice recognition module?

HC-06 bluetooth modules themselves have no capability for voice recognition.

EmilyBE

Can you post a link to the voice recognition module?

HC-06 bluetooth modules themselves have no capability for voice recognition.
The HC-06 itself is not the one recognizing the voice. It's the application in any Android phone.

The application captures characters to later be sent to the arduino via the bluetooth module itself, but it's not working at all. The HC-05 bluetooth is not receiving the characters that the android application sends.

I've tried with several other different android applications, but none of them seem to make the bluetooth module receive their characters at all, that's my problem.

Nick_Pyner

It seems that you might be blaming HC-05 for an Android problem, in which case being a  bit more forthcoming about the Android app in question might help. How do you know the Android app is properly sending the data from the Android's bluetooth? Have you used a standard terminal app on the Android?

EmilyBE

It seems that you might be blaming HC-05 for an Android problem, in which case being a  bit more forthcoming about the Android app in question might help. How do you know the Android app is properly sending the data from the Android's bluetooth? Have you used a standard terminal app on the Android?

I know it's not the android app, because I've tried using several other applications, not only one.

I haven't tried with a standard terminal app on android either, as I don't know how to and I don't think it's relevant for this, as the problem is the module itself.

I've tried using a simple test code as the one I posted here, only to check if the bluetooth was receiving the characters, but it's not. It doesn't work. It doesn't receive any data from any application that I use to send characters by voice.

I posted my question in this topic because the problem lies within the bluetooth module itself, as several other tutorials with different android application should work, but don't.

I've also read several topics about similar problems, but none of the solutions posted before has helped me a lot, which is really frustrating and also the reason why I had to make an account just to ask for a solution.

Nick_Pyner

I know it's not the android app, because I've tried using several other applications, not only one.
If you don't know how to use a standard terminal app, there are few grounds for confidence in anything you are doing.  As for the relevance, if you can properly use a terminal, it will at least demonstrate that you do know what you are doing, of which there is little evidence at the moment. If you try and fail, at least there will some grounds for better discussion than about several Android apps you pointedly fail to identify.

As it is, if you firmly assert the module is the problem, without any further information, all anybody can do is agree with you and suggest you replace it. 

The trouble with that is that it quite likely isn't the problem. Possible real problems are

1. The connection between bluetooth and Arduino may be incorrect, and one can only guess at what that is.

2. The baud rate may be too high for reliable operation under software serial and may even be wrong, even if it can work.  If you have not specifically configured it to run at 38400, you might try running it at 9600.

3. etc.   

The bottom line is that you have proven nothing about the bluetooth. All you have done is fail to get proof that it works, because you don't get a response in the Arduino. That does not mean bluetooth is not receiving the data.

Johnny010

Install a bluetooth terminal on your android device.

I use "Bluetooth Terminal".

Connect to the HC-06 and please ensure a basic script does send and receive data.

This, along with a circuit diagram, a list of the AT commands you have used/set will at least rule out the module.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy