Go Down

Topic: Xbee + Arduino (Read 146 times) previous topic - next topic

Good afternoon guys, I'm developing a project for measuring electrical current with Xbee for remote transmission. I am using two Arduinos two Xbee and a current sensor. Each Xbee is connected to an Arduino through Xbee Shield.

The measurement of electrical current could have, but did not know how to convey an Arduino to another. And this you receive need to print the Serial Monitor.

Sorry for the english, I'm using the translator. I'm here in Brazil.

PaulS

Each Xbee is connected to an Arduino through Xbee Shield.

Each XBee of undefined type, with unknown configuration, is connected to an Arduino using one of the myriad XBee shields available.

Not a lot of useful information in that sentence.

I'm still trying to figure out Arduino with XBee myself, but check out this tutorial:

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/xbee-shield-hookup-guide

Or for a more basic, general idea, read through this:

http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/ArduinoXbeeShield

Thanks for the help guys, but I do not want to use the xbee explorer to receive the data, the two sides want to use the Arduino connected to the xbee. I can receive current measurements, but they are coming misconfigured.

PaulS

the two sides want to use the Arduino connected to the xbee.
What kind of XBees? Connected how? With what code on the Arduinos? All you are doing now is whining. Get some facts in your responses!

I was not whining PaulS, just asked for help.

Good evening friends, I managed communication between XBee modules, but the information reaches the receiver in ASCII, how can I convert to decimal?

jbarcelo

In c language, if I have a number in ascii in a variable "c" and want an integer in a variable "i" I can use the trick i = c-'0';  for the conversion.

I never tried this in arduino.
www.handsonwsn.org --  Hands On Wireless Sensor Networks with Arduino and XBee

jstarcher

In c language, if I have a number in ascii in a variable "c" and want an integer in a variable "i" I can use the trick i = c-'0';  for the conversion.

I never tried this in arduino.
That is actually a specific requirement of C -- that the characters 0-9 are sequential.  (Sorry, I tried to find the citation for that, but it wasn't showing up on a quick search.)

Not that I can imagine anyone using EBCDIC on an Aruduino, but I'm sure it has happened.

Go Up