Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: wireless usb SERIAL comunication with pc??  (Read 911 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

hello. i was wandering. is there any way, i could comunicate with my arduino UNO wirlesly with the PC?? the comunication will be only serial strings. anyone got any lid?

Dee Why NSW
Edison Member
View Profile

Bluetooth?

View Profile

so. i could do something like this guy : http://www.ebay.com/itm/HC-05-Bluetooth-Transceiver-Host-Slave-Master-Module-Wireless-Serial-6pin-/321188116179?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ac84db6d3

with a "tranciever" like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HC-05-Bluetooth-Transceiver-Host-Slave-Master-Module-Wireless-Serial-6pin-/321188116179?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ac84db6d3 ??

[edit]. if instead of the pins, i use the usb port, and solder the bluetooth, with the cables from the usb. will this work as well??

and what about the pc? the pc reads the bluetooth, with enother bluetooth dongle? (The same as i would use to read my Mobile, etc ? )
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 01:13:36 pm by settra » Logged

Dee Why NSW
Edison Member
View Profile

so. i could do something like this guy : http://www.ebay.com/itm/HC-05-

with a "tranciever" like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HC-05-Bluetooth-

[edit]. if instead of the pins, i use the usb port, and solder the bluetooth, with the cables from the usb. will this work as well??

and what about the pc? the pc reads the bluetooth, with enother bluetooth dongle? (The same as i would use to read my Mobile, etc ? )

Yes, the cheapo HC-05. Both the items you allude to are the same, HC-05. The HC-06 will also do and may be even cheaper.

No, it is connected to pins 0,1 labelled Rx and Tx.

Yes, a $2.50 dongle would do. Use RealTerm to record the data. Note that you can't do this with the USB cable connected to the same computer.  If your phone is Android, you can use that instead.

View Profile

" Use RealTerm to record the data "

wont i be able to use the serial monitor of arduino???

Dee Why NSW
Edison Member
View Profile

No.

View Profile

but i will still be able to send and recieve data, from a self made program, that looks on the com port for serial data. correct?

Dee Why NSW
Edison Member
View Profile

I am not sure what you are saying.

1. On the clear understanding that you were originally inquiring about wireless communication, I have no idea why you would want to communicate via USB cable. It is only intended for debugging anyway.

2. The procedure for communication by bluetooth is the same as that using the serial monitor and USB cable.

3. You can use RealTerm etc. for communication by either cable or bluetooth.

4. You can only use the serial monitor with cable.

5. You cannot use the serial monitor and bluetooth on the same computer at the same time.

6. You can use the serial monitor on one computer simultaneously with bluetooth on another computer.

View Profile

well. i use arduino to monitor some stuff on my car (engine rpm , speed, etc etc), and send the data back to my pc.
in my pc i run a software, that is like a speedometer, and uses serial comunication with the arduino, to get the required info.

now i wanna do the same, except , skeep the cable!!

Dee Why NSW
Edison Member
View Profile

OK, that will be point #2 above.

View Profile

cool. that is what i wanted. thanks allot mate smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: