Go Down

Topic: Did I just fry my Arduino? (Read 115 times) previous topic - next topic

stargazzn

I was doing an experiment with the serial read function and a push button.  My program loaded but I forgot to put the resistor back in to limit the current through the push button.  Now I can't read my comm port.

Please tell me it's something else!  My 2nd experiment and I might have already burnt out my Arduino Uno.

Thanks!

stargazzn

Also my led on pin 13 stays on and no longer flashes.

Southpark

Jul 04, 2016, 12:57 pm Last Edit: Jul 04, 2016, 08:17 pm by Southpark
If the same issue occurs after you press the reset button.... and after attempts to reload the bootlooader as last resort with icsp pins....  then probably damaged.

septillion

And you thought, let's not post a circuit, they'll figure out how I connected it...

Have you tried disconnecting it for 5 minutes? Maybe you only blow the auto reset fuse...

And have you disconnected everything else?

If it doesn't work after that then yeah, you probably blow it.
Use fricking code tags!!!!
I want x => I would like x, I need help => I would like help, Need fast => Go and pay someone to do the job...

NEW Library to make fading leds a piece of cake
https://github.com/septillion-git/FadeLed

TomGeorge

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

I was doing an experiment with the serial read function and a push button.  My program loaded but I forgot to put the resistor back in to limit the current through the push button.  Now I can't read my comm port.
Can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png?

Where was the push button connected, that you had to remove it to program?

What model arduino are you using?

Thanks..  Tom... :)

Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy