Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Program halts when I put the SD card in  (Read 549 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi all,

I've got a program that records data to an SD file every time an interrupt is received and the event handler calls its function.  The called function consists of a few Serial.print and data.print commands, and when there isn't a card inserted, things work fine.  However, when I insert the card, the program just halts.

I'm using the sparkfun.com microDC shield with the SdFat.h library under Arduino 0023.

Global Moderator
UK
Brattain Member
I don't think you connected the grounds, Dave.
View Profile

That's very interesting.
Everybody, hands on the ouija board...

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

New Zealand
God Member
Arduino pebbles
View Profile

I'm using the sparkfun.com microDC shield with the SdFat.h library under Arduino 0023.
Thanks for including this detail.

I have noticed in the past that this shield seems to reset the Arduino when an SD card is inserted--I'm not sure why.

You could try contacting SparkFun tech support via email.

--Philip;

P.S. My *assumption* is that something is being shorted when the card is being inserted--perhaps related to a "card present" pin--in which case I'd be tempted to look for a trace to cut if SF tech support can't help.

View Profile

I solved the problem.  The issue was that I'm stacking Arduinos in an I2C arrangement, and the SD shield was connected through to both master and slave Arduinos.  Once I cut the connections and passed control of the SD shield to the master only, the problem vanished.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: