I see the Spanish thread on the vinciDuino, but unfortunately I cannot do Spanish. I have some questions about support for these and if they work the way I think.
- is there a boot loader for the vinciDuino and Leonardo?
- can sketches be loaded via the native USB interface?
- does the USB support auto reset or is this strictly via the serial header?
- how does one integrate the vinciDuino into the Arduino IDE?
Hi, we have build a wiki for the vinciDuino which I hope can answer your questions. This is a direct link to the English version: https://bitbucket.org/fmalpartida/vinciduino/wiki/Home
To answer your questions more specifically:
- The sketches on the current release of the vinciDuino can be downloaded directly using the native USB interface, very handing too. There is no need to use a UART to USB interface.
- The reset function works very nicely, on sketch upload, the board resets and runs the bootloader.
We have also added an additional UART breakout to the board compatible with Sparkfun's FTDI cable and board, so you can have both at the same time:
object which references the native USB UART and
object which addresses the second UART of the chip.
This second UART is also very handy if you want to add the capability to the board of connecting an Xbee for example.
The vinciDuino currently integrates directly into the Arduino IDE, simply select Leonardo as a board and that's it. You are up and running. We have been running some test of the board right now and all the IO, ADCs, Serial connections, I2C, SPI are working directly without having to do a single modification. We could say that the board is a pre-Leonardo clone. Its footprint is smaller though, while shield headers are compatible.
The current project status is that we have released a batch of Rev A boards to beta testers. There are some things that we will review on Rev B, but in general it is working very nicely. Taking on Crossroads suggestions another thing that we will revise is the linear regulator.
@CrossRoads, do you know how can I remove the thermal relieve from one component so that it is fully copper filled?